facebook

Stay in DPhiE or drop?

by:    

Im so mad at myself for ranking both houses at pref :(((( was REALLY hoping for the other house but I got DPhiE instead and I’m already so bored with their bid day. There’s no one here that I can see myself being friends with even in my MC but if I drop I know I won’t be eligible for COB until next year. How do I decide if it’s better to be stuck in the worst sorority or drop so I can rush again next year but not get to do all the typical sorority stuff as a freshman:((

Posted By: Disappointed
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Try to give them a chance for a few weeks before you decide either way. I’m pretty sure you just have to drop before initiation if you want to be eligible for recruitment again next year

By: Advice
by: Stay or drop   

You are correct. As long as she does not initiate, she could rush again next fall.

By: Stay or drop
#2by:    

first off think about this, dphie wanted you regardless of if they were your first choice. the other sorority that you wanted more did not pick you and you ended up at dphie for a reason. bid day can be kinda awkward as a new member bc you don’t know anyone yet but give it some time. dphie is still a really great sorority with sweet girls and a genuine sisterhood. if you give it a chance it may really surprise you

By: give it a chance
by: nah   

It’s not like dphie is actually choosing their members though. I’m sure there’s a reason why the other house didn’t want OP

By: nah
by: Mean girl   

This is so not true, they DO choose their members which is why some girls still got released from recruitment. This is opposite of Panhellenic love get a life

By: Mean girl
#3by:    

You should drop tbh. Being a gdi for 1 year is better than getting stuck in a bottom tier srat for 4. I got a bid to a bottom tier srat my freshman year, but dropped after bid day and rushed again as a sophomore and ended up in an old row house that is MUCH better

By: deeghater
by: Try try try again   

Suggestions? I dropped my bottom tier houses - I’d like to get to know some of the other houses and either re rush or COB- any all suggestions appreciated.

By: Try try try again
#4by:    

I would recommend getting off Greek rank and having fun at bid day if this is a legit post. Also they’re not the “worst” sorority, rankings on here mean nothing and remember one chapter is brand new and isn’t “better” than anyone because of it. Give it a chance, they have great girls

By: …
by: Yeah   

Agree

By: Yeah
#5by:    

Feeling like this might be a fake post. I’m a recent alum from a “mid tier” chapter and did a drive by of some of the houses, and dphie was one of the ones who surprised me! I saw some super cute girls so I’m happy for them! Also who goes on greek rank during bid day as a freshman lol what

By: Alum

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

I wouldn’t want you in my sorority with that kind of attitude and sense of entitlement. Drop

By: Really?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.