facebook

sisterhood advice

by: confused OOS

Please know I am from OOS. Yes, I did not get in my own state school so at UGA and do not know much. Put phi mu first and am hoping for chi o and if not kappa. Not really sure. Can someone tell me the best sisterhoods of these three? What type of girls is usually the fit. Nothing negative please I like all three.

Posted By: confused OOS
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Wow   

Wow. If you're going to troll at least make up some believable lies.

By: Wow
by: wowAug 16, 2024 12:48:38 PM

Some people from OOS are homesick and you are not making it better. All three are great houses. With so many girls in each house a little of everything exists. Advice would be looking at people invited to preference and seeing what group you FEEL you vibe best with as those will be your pledge sisters. Good advice for everyone.

By: wow
by: ^Aug 16, 2024 1:11:22 PM

It seems that you are unaware of the facts about college admissions, the sororities here, and how rush works if you believe anything about that post.

By: ^
by: wow Aug 16, 2024 7:58:56 PM

You do realize other state schools are harder to get into then UGA. UGA is not ranked number one in public Universities so it could be true. Give people the benefit of the doubt.

By: wow
by: truthAug 16, 2024 11:02:14 PM

Lots of people go to UGA from Virginia and North Carolina because they don't get into UVA or UNC in state. That part is totally believable if she is from one of these states. The rest - doubtful.

Good news is if this is truthful you will have an awesome time at all of these houses

By: truth
#2  by: Godawgs   

Chi O 100%

By: Godawgs
#3  by: confused oos    

Given the feedback will not say my home state but assume due to my former school and alum at the three houses I got invited back. Now I have one preference party this afternoon and am down to one house. I really am feeling homesick and wish I was where I had had more friends. Everyone seems to know each other from Atlanta.

By: confused oos
by: CongratsAug 17, 2024 7:44:35 AM

Well then congratulations! You can totally relax now, because you've got that bid. Guaranteed. Just go to pref, put it on your card, take it easy and let it all unfold. Everybody else is going to be completely stressing out but you already know where you're going.

Take the opportunity at this pref to really look at the other girls with you, a lot of those will be your new member class. A lot of them will be Atlanta girls and know each other but you will find your people in there if you try.

Again, congrats to you, and anyone else who only has one pref. You're all done with the hard stuff now and just dotting i's and crossing t's.

By: Congrats
#4  by: confused oos    

Thanks I hope bid day will be better. I just worry they will all know each other in my pledge class and it will be hard to make friends. Everyone on my hall appears to know each other and my roommate has her own friends. My parents told me I could try transferring after my first year if I am still homesick and keep my grades up. I have gone to boarding school so did not think making friends at UGA would be so hard.

By: confused oos
by: ^Aug 17, 2024 8:39:03 AM

You're at the local school so you will have to put yourself out there and make an effort at meals and meetings, game days and socials, and especially in your dorm and classes with your new sisters. You've got to be the one to make the moves or the others who know each other will be oblivious to you. But those girls are new to college and sorority too, so they don't know much else either, and that's where you bond.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.