facebook

Would you stay or drop?

by: Help

I have these two left:

DPieE
ALPXiD

What are these girls like? Any nice women? They seemed odd and a bit disconnected. Of course it’s hard to tell but I’m just not feeling it.

Did my rounds didn’t feel any connections.
Stay or drop and pray something else opens COB? Honest thoughts appreciated.

TXH

Posted By: Help
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: opportunities    

Many of what you claim are top tiers have girls from small towns in Ga. It is likely they have generations of UGA alums and/or went to camp with others. Connections are beyond private high schools in the City of Atlanta(this may feel this way due to large numbers) and BUT Do include lake houses or beach houses or public schools with sports or camp connections. Plenty of public-school girls in what you say are top tiers. The key is many people regardless of house try to get their friends in their sorority/networking. In state girls are likely to stay active alums and support their chapter. So yes, sororities tend to take in state first. This is a state school. Some connections are from boarding schools etc. true, but the truth is you have the money to spend on sororities all houses are good at UGA. Once you are in all do the same things and a great pledge class is everything. The only difference with what you claim are higher tiers on this site is perhaps more fraternity mixer. The key is go where you feel connected to the group not based on mixers as most of this is about sisterhood and friends. Once you're in a sorority you make friends with your pledge class and this is where you spend most of your time. My family does not go to Europe each summer or ski or own a 2nd home. Do sometimes I feel left out as I cannot relate to my sorority? My family is active in our church with active UGA alums and no one in my family before me was in college let alone a sorority. I am not exclusive or pretty just average but was good at sports in high school. My parents could not pay for travel sports. My parents rent a beach condo once every other year and this is our only travel. I did mission work for spring break and work a 20 hour job while going to UGA. I room in house with an OOS girl with no connections coming into recruitment. We bonded as a lot of our pledge class already did know each other. But this year she and I did push for our home girl people. Not sure how it will turn out as despite what you may think not every girl you spoke to at each house has the key to getting you in the sorority, we may have loved you, but we are not the only person giving input. Most everyone going through recruitment has grades and looks to get in any house. Your choices will give you the chance to be a leader in your pledge class and on campus. Around 2200 girls went through and you are wanted. I assure you odd girls are in every house. Make the most of the situation as you get a cool pledge class this will be what matters. Signed public school girl in top tier

By: opportunities
#12  by: Pref vs COB   

If you are invited, go to pref. You have absolutely nothing to lose. Check the other PNMs attending the party. Talk to them as you wait outside. Give the chapters a chance. If after pref, you absolutely, positively would rather not be in a sorority rather than join the ones that invited you to pref, don’t sign your MRABA and tell Panhellenic you are withdrawing. You would then be eligible for snap bids( please don’t count on a snap bid-they aren’t very common) or COB.

I will echo what others have said. COB opportunities will be slim, and most likely will be the houses you are not as interested in.

By: Pref vs COB
#13  by: best advice    

you got the best advice hang in to pref

By: best advice
#14  by: Tbh   

If you truthfully did not feel at home in either how or enjoy those around you at those houses I would drop

By: Tbh
#15  by: idk   

It's up to you, but I've known a few AXiD's and they all seemed like nice girls to me! It's a weird situation since they aren't well established, but I think they are trying to work their way up the social ladder. Any sorority is going to be what you make of it, so I would just go with your gut

By: idk
#16  by: What I heard   

A friend went to axid pref today and loved them. They are new but so what. You can still have a great sisterhood. Dont know about dphie.

By: What I heard
#17  by: Chapter total   

FYI, they aren’t setting quota or chapter total “low” as some have stated here. Quota will be set as it is every year, based on the number of women who go to peer and complete MRABAs. Chapter total will be set at average chapter size. It doesn’t change much just because of a new chapter or smaller chapters.

If you have two choices left for preference and you want to be in a sorority, you go to pref and see what happens. But dead serious in saying that your choices aren’t going to drastically change in COB or Spring. You have your options - it’s up to you to make your situation the best for you.

By: Chapter total

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.