facebook

Would you stay or drop?

by:    

I have these two left:

DPieE
ALPXiD

What are these girls like? Any nice women? They seemed odd and a bit disconnected. Of course it’s hard to tell but I’m just not feeling it.

Did my rounds didn’t feel any connections.
Stay or drop and pray something else opens COB? Honest thoughts appreciated.

TXH

Posted By: Help
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

AXID and DPhiE sorry

By: Help
#2by:    

as a pnm I know a lotttt of girls in this situation who dropped and girls with dphie/axid and one other sorority are either suiciding or dropping rush if they only get back dphie/axid

By: Real
#3by:    

i’ve heard the quotas for other houses are at the bare minimum to help chapters like axid grow. i honestly feel like this really defeats the purpose of rush because some great girls could be liked at a house but dropped because they just don’t have space and forced to choose between houses they didn’t have connections at

By: t
by: Kygirl   

20 or more great girls dropping instead of staying and making these sororities better is what defeats the purpose. One great pledge class makes a huge difference.

By: Kygirl
#4by:    

Here's what you do: Go to pref and take a good look at the other pnm's with you. These would mostly be your new class. They will make or break your sorority experience because they will be the ones you are close to. After pref, either SIP or drop if you really aren't feeling it.

By: Go to pref
#5by:    

It is hard to meet people for such a small time and know you would not be a fit. A pledge class can make a difference and unless you go to preference and bid day giving it a chance you will not know how you truly feel. Most of the sororities are so large you will have a variety of people in any house. It is equally possible to feel like a number in large houses feel disconnected. As many pledge with their friends from high school and you may be from OOS looking to make new friends. Every rose has a thorn. Opportunities for leadership may exists in the houses you have left. A new or smaller house may give you a chance to be a leader and become more active in panhellenic. At the end of the day follow your heart but you can expect spring to be very competitive. Do not give up as you will make friends regardless.

By: opportunities
#6by:    

I’m in state with friends at houses I got dropped from. Also got dropped from my
legacy house. I’ve just had some really weird
off encounters with the two I have left. Girls (PNM’s) I’ve been with at those houses are similarly disappointed. I just have seen/ heard nothing positive about these houses.

Anyone out there go COB and have it work out.

By: Help
#7by:    

There will not be as many COB spots as in past years because Chapter Total will be set lower to give AXiD a better chance at getting more members.

By: COB
#8by:    

To help: keep in mind your friends in the sororities you got dropped from still like you. This is a hard year, and you may have been on the list just not high enough to get an invite back. And legacy houses do not really matter given new policies for most and in the past only chapter legacies really had any pull. OB starts after formal recruitment is over, but it is not a secondary rush or a backdoor to getting a bid, especially in SEC. There are not many COB's handed out at all. Most chapters are too large to qualify for COB, and the ones that do qualify will be looking at the girls they liked who dropped out of formal recruitment. These are pnm's they already met and had in mind for a possible bid, so they have a distinct advantage over someone coming in cold that the chapter has never met. Also to keep in mind is that a house that releases a pnm in the early rounds of recruitment is not going to turn around and offer her COB, and there are some sororities here that still adhere to 'once cut always cut' with no second chance. Your best chance for a bid is not to count on a COB, but to go through formal recruitment as a freshman and see what happens, keeping in mind the above information. Follow what is right for you as your ahead if you have a group of friends from high school and can always try spring rush. But spring rush is harder to bond into a house as it will be similar to being a transfer with pledge classes already having their friends. You will have to make the extra effort. Given only a small group of bids are given out in the spring at houses you can look at the past to consider those groups would likely be the candidates for spring 2025 recruitment.

By: helpful advice

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#9by:    

axid actually has some cute girls and they only have one pledge class so they can no reputation. your pledge class would set the reputation. However, DPHIE already has a rep and has kept it for years. dphie and axid are not really the same at all, i just think since axid is new, a lot of people are just werry of it but i’m met some nice axids and most of them are friends with other girls in other sororities. DPHIE has their own niche like SDT so if ur for that then do DPHIE. U could always drop and then do COB or spring COB but i think that u may find you are going to get the same results. TBH, it’s really not that deep because after rush the ranks don’t even matter

By: aw
by: Werry?   

Werry? Is that a word? You sort of lost your cred there with that gaffe.

By: Werry?
#10by:    

What is the rep of DPHIE? Toxic? unhappy? What’s their vibe? I really appreciate the kind honest answers. Thanks all!!! Such a stressful time the absolute last options I
thought I’d have.

By: Thanks for honestly
by: Neither   

I have some friends in Dphie who love it and are pretty and cool girls, the chapter as a whole is just more diverse and accepting than others so they get a bad rep in a SEC school where a lot of the chapters are similar. I say give them and whoever you have left a chance because being in Greek life regardless is a great experience usually

By: Neither

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.