facebook

Cob / snap bid??

by:    

I have one house left that I could really see my self in and it’s not guaranteed. Whar are chances of CoB or snap bidding and which houses do it, even if they do it on the DL??

Posted By: Blah
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

DO NOT COUNT ON A SNAP BID. Snap bids are very, very few. COB's will be given out by AXiD because they are still building, by DPhiE and a few other houses that need members.

A house that dropped you is not going to turn around and offer you a snap bid. Only houses that don't match to quota offer snap bids. Those are the houses that are not strong recruiters and likely the ones you decided you don't want. They will offer snap bids to pnm's they wanted who self-dropped.

Stay in the process and go to pref and then if you really don't like both your houses you can SIP or not sign your card at all.

By: Dicey
by: Yes   

This^^ most chapters will not be able to COB or snap

By: Yes
by: Truth   

Every PNM needs to understand this! Snap bids/COB aren’t some magical second chance at getting a top house after a bad recruitment. If a PNM was dropped by everyone except SDT, DPhiE, and AXiD, she’s realistically not going to be on the list for any other chapter’s snap bids.

Even the lower mid houses are able to be selective enough that they can generally offer snap bids to girls who dropped them early on or do small COB events to get the top girls who dropped out/didn’t go through formal recruitment. Literally no one except DPhiE and AXiD is going to be in a position where they’re like “oh no we don’t want this PNM but we’ll give her a snap bid just because we need the numbers”

By: Truth
by: Dicey   

ALSO FOR THIS YEAR, chapter total is going to be set as low as possible to allow fewer open spots across all houses to help AXiD establish. The idea is to funnel COB-seeking girls to them to get their numbers up. This means that there will be much fewer COB's than in the past. To get a COB you are going to have to be tight with members and pray there will be an opening.

By: Dicey
by: Replying to Truth   

I can promise you that the AXiDs are not looking for just warm bodies to fill out the chapter. There were girls they could have taken last fall but didn't.

By: Replying to Truth
by: Chapter total   

The idea of setting chapter total as low as possible is not true. Chapter total will be set AT LEAST at the average or median chapter size. AXiD was invited to the campus because there was a need for another sorority. Panhellenic isn’t going to change their rules or ways to make establishing easier for them. That’s up to their national organization and the chapter.

By: Chapter total
#2by:    

Even if you can only see yourself ending up in one house, I’d recommend thinking about how you’ll feel if the house you like is 100% never going to offer you a bid in any scenario - basically take them out of the equation entirely to help you think logically about your other options. Would you be happier missing out on Greek life entirely as a freshman than to join a lower ranked house?

I personally chose not to rush as a freshman and joined my chapter through spring COB. Even though I love where I ended up (still a lower ranked house btw), I 1000% wish I had gone through fall recruitment since that first semester really is your best opportunity to bond with your pledge class. If you end up joining a sorority later on, it can really feel like uphill battle to “catch up” and be accepted as part of the group with your PC.

By: Hi
#3by:    

Something also to call out - a snap bid happens when a house releases too many PNMs/didn’t match with enough. It’s usually because of poor calculations on their end. Even successful houses can still COB - its possible those houses met quota/have a full pledge class BUT they were under chapter total for whatever reason (a heavy senior class that graduated, retention issues, etc). I do think COBs will be less this year with AXiD, and snap bids are rarer in general.

By: Clarification

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

AXiD’s nationals are not making them fill quota even if they have to pay a fine. They are only taking girls they want. I wouldn’t count on a COB from them.

By: T
by: idiot   

There is no such thing as a fine for not filling quota. No sorority can be forced to take anyone. Stupid AXiD's on here.

By: idiot
by: An AXiD   

This is false. Nationals does not fine chapters for not getting quota.

By: An AXiD
#5by:    

2 things: there’s a Panhel bid day quota and then a “chapter total”.

Panhel bid day quota is used to give the sororities a fair chance to be fairly close in pledge class number. It is very difficult to achieve a snap bid or cob depending on the house you pref and how many actives they still have after the spring of last year.

Enter “chapter total”. This is also used by Panhel to essentially average out the numbers based on total number of actives of ALL houses to make sure every sorority is around the same size. This gives houses that don’t meet the “chapter total” average to Snap Bid & COB.

Based on this, it truthfully depends on the chapter you pref and their returning numbers from last year! I know it’s a lot but I hope it helps :)

By: Tbhhhhh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.