facebook

To all the girls upset about being dropped

by:    

I’m a senior so this year’s recruitment is a bit more chill for me. I can relate to the feeling of getting dropped. I was OOS and cut heavily by most chapters and kept wondering if it was something I said or how I dressed.

I almost dropped out of rush but decided to stick with it to the end. I absolutely love my chapter. On bid day, it felt strange going to a house that is lower ranked but who cares. The girls in the house are my future bridesmaids and were there for me when I almost lost my dad over the summer.

I’m also friends with girls in a lot of houses now and while it’s true you can drop and try for a snap bid or COB, realize it is incredibly competitive. One of my friend’s houses did a small COB after fall recruitment and they had 5 spots and a ton of girls who were interested. Not saying it can’t happen, but I recommend focusing on the houses you have left.

Posted By: Senior
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If you’re a PNM reading this, I mean this in the best most kind way as a senior. But coping by looking at Greek rank won’t help you find happiness!
I’m in a “upper mid/mid” sorority and I am so incredibly happy!!! Just focus on being where you are and giving every house and equal chance! Even if you’ve heard rumors, there’s only one way to decide if that’s true and that’s seeing it for yourself on bid day! You’ve only had a max of like a 10 minute conversation with a single girl and you won’t know if they’re really your “best friend”s unless you give them a chance!!! Keep your heads up :).

By: For PNMs

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

I know UGA isn’t HS and was looking forward to adults- my HS was super competitive so I didn’t expect to be top here. The ranks are crap here - what would be nice is kindness and actual suggestions to help those of us that are struggling with process. I dropped my 3 and real ?? As other girl
Posted of how COB works.. that as a response would be super helpful rather than telling me I suck and was not able to communicate well.

By: To answer your ?
by: real world   

My suggestion to you is to not just blame the process as to why you fell through the cracks. There is a reason in there somewhere. If you don't figure it out, the same thing will happen when you try again. Rushing is different than just being "very chatty". Some girls have this happen but then learn a bit more of how to rush, and then do much better getting a house. I hope you are one of them.

By: real world
#3by:    

Did you receive any invitations? Did you/ are you return(ing) and given those groups another chance?

By: Questions for you
by: ????   

Yea I got back 3 and visited them all. One was the new house. Girls wouldn’t look up or look me in the eyes . They were so awkward. I really wanted to like them and try to be open-minded but didn’t connect with any of the six girls I talked to. The other house the girls were just really strange. Like one girls suggested that I cast an evil spell against the house that dropped me! That was so weird !! 3rd house girls that are not my faith. I really tried to be very open. I dropped them all after round 3. I’m
So sad didn’t think I’d babe literally zero options. I absolutely loved three of the houses, but they all dropped me and they’re mid lower so I was hoping for a COB but doubt that will happen

By: ????
#4by:    

Bump

By: Bump
#5by:    

please note you will find weird girls in every house or someone during recruitment not saying the right thing or nervous although they are already in the house. Do not base your impression of a whole group of girls off one. 6 maybe but not one. Instead keep going and really look at preference taking into account the other girls invited back. As I will tell you becoming close to your pledge class is what happens and maybe you will be close to a big sis. But for the most part your pledge class impacts your experience. So, think during preference do I see myself being friends with girls around the room this sorority invited back to preference. Those are the girl's in your weddings and annual beach trips years from now. Not the current girl's rushing you. Follow your heart and regardless you will make friends at UGA.

By: helpful advice
#6by:    

Join the org you vibe with. Tiers are garbage.

By: Dear PNMs

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.