facebook

Vibes of mid/lower mid houses?

by:    

I’m left with a mix of mostly mid/lower mid houses, probably because I’m from OOS and don’t have any connections to the sororities here, but I feel like it’s so hard to really get a feel for what each chapter is actually like outside of recruitment. They all kinda seem the same during their events, and I don’t specifically like/dislike any of them lol

I’m NOT asking about rank or which of the following houses are better or worse, but would love to know more about their individuals qualities, vibes, what they’re really like, what type of PNMs fit in well there etc:

Houses I’d like more details about! (In alphabetical order because I'm really not interested in tiers/rank)
- AGD
- AXO
- DG
- DZ
- SK

Posted By: Can’t decide
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

The first thing you need to do is stop referring to houses by rank or tier as if that is a real thing. Are you a mid girl? Are you a lower girl? Are you a bottom girl? No, you don't have a rank do you? Neither do sororities. Ranks and tiers are made up.

With that said, you can't go wrong with any of them. All houses here have enough members for you to find a close group of friends. You have to decide how YOU fit with them, generalities are not useful. And asking random strangers on this desreputable site is not how to do your rush. Get off and make up your own damn mind.

By: stop it
by: rude   

Rush can be overwhelming, especially for OOS PNMs. Maybe you could try to be helpful instead of criticizing OP for mentioning tiers on a site literally called Greek Rank, and telling her to make up her own mind when she said in her post that she’s having trouble telling them apart lol

By: rude
by: BS   

When someone titles their post mid/lower mid and then says "I'm really not interested in tiers/rank" it's time to call them on it. If the first thing you mention is tiers or rank instead of letters then you are fixated on tiers and rank. Obv.

By: BS
by: Nah fam   

But OP is (presumably) a PNM who probably thinks it’s normal to mention the tier of the houses she’s left with considering 99% of the posts on this site talk about rankings.

From how her post reads, I’m assuming she was just pointing out that the houses she has left are all roughly the same tier, so she isn’t using that as a factor in her decision, which is honestly a reasonable way to look at it IMO

By: Nah fam
#2by:    

Just keep going thru the process and getting to know more about them by meeting them. You should keep matching with people that have similar interest as you. Each house has wonderful girls that you can make friends with. Also take a look around at the other PNM’s at each house. Those would be your pledge class. Just try to listen to your heart and trust the process.

By: Can’t decide for you

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Those are all great houses, and it’s great that you’re keeping an open mind regarding of ranking!

AXO and AGD have a similar vibe (although I personally know a lot more AXOs than AGDs). They tend to be fairly religious and a little more southern, with a lot of very sweet and very smart girls!

AXO has a really close sisterhood and seems to have a lot of pride in their chapter as a whole (in a good way). AGD is probably more chill. The 2 AGDs I know decently well both have really close, but small, friend groups within AGD but don’t seem that interested in going to sorority events or getting involved at a chapter level.

DG is more liberal, but not overbearingly political either way. They seem dedicated to their philanthropy and are heavily involved with a lot of other campus organizations. They also seem like more of a party house and have made a lot of progress improving their frat relations/social calendar recently.

DZ is definitely a very social/party house! They’re very close with most of the mid tier frats and tend to get along better with frats than other sororities as a group, but individually they still have lots of friends from other sororities and non-Greek organizations. In general, DZ attracts a lot of “type A” high-achiever type PNMs, and their chapter is always high-energy

SK is incredibly chill (very 420-friendly haha) and probably has the one of best social calendar’s out of the mid tier houses. They’re also very down-to-earth and seem to genuinely like each other/enjoy hanging out with other SKs that might not be in their immediate friend group

By: Hiii
by: milledge   

really glad this comment pointed out good qualities in all the sororities!!!! all would be a great place, i hope you find your home:)

By: milledge
by: Accurate   

Solid assessment for sure! I’d also that that DG and DZ are known for having a decent number of OOS members are a large national presence- so it could be nice for OP to have more sisters she can relate to in that way

By: Accurate
by: iykyk    

FYI SK is trying to tone down their stoner image…this should be common sense but PNMs should definitely avoid that topic during recruitment ahaha

By: iykyk
by: blu   

I feel as sk tends to be more conservative in politics too

By: blu
by: changing times   

sk used to be like… unspoken stoner vibes so it’s funny to me that it’s now a part of their rep lol

By: changing times
#4by:    

I had these exact same houses (plus Pi Phi) and here’s how I ranked them:
SK
DZ
DG
Pi Phi
AXO
AGD

I mainly just want to end up in a fun sorority that likes to party so that’s what my rank is based on lol

By: Samee
by: nah   

you realize all the sororities on that list party right… ranking them based on how much you think they party is insane

By: nah
by: Lol   

Sorry but you can’t honestly convince me that AXO’s like to party as much as DZ. Different houses have different vibes so yeah some definitely party harder than others

By: Lol
#5by:    

this posting was helpful

By: helpful advice
#6by:    

Personally, I like DZ and DG as mid-tier houses for different reasons. I felt they were truly sincere

By: my choices

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.