facebook

rush

by:    

So I'm interested in rushing the top tier fraternities. Would it be weird if I got a rush chair's number from the ifc website to ask to rush them or is that encouraged?

Posted By: Rushee
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Not really encouraged. I guess the worst that could happen is they say no but it's kinda too late if you're not already on the rush list

By: Nah
#2by:    

It looks desperate if you don't know anyone you are not getting a bid

By: Yeah
#3by:    

No, contrary to some of the snarky comments above, it would not be weird or "desperate" to contact the rush chairmen listed on the IFC site. That's why the contact information is provided. Any fraternity worth it would welcome the chance to meet you. Not every quality rushee has deep fraternity contacts when they come to Georgia.

By: HelpfulBrother
by: dawg   

listen to this guy

By: dawg
#4by:    

It's the best shot you have right? If you don't know anyone, doing something like going though the official site is better than doing nothing.

You should at least take the shot and contact the good chapters anyway. I can't stay all will answer, but at least you have a better than nothing shot

By: Honest answer
#5by:    

Drop them an email or call them. I emailed someone from the fraternity I wound up joining around this time in the Summer of my freshman year, I was from a small town and didn't know anyone, they invited me up to a summer lake party, wound up getting to know some of the guys and they gave me a bid during rush.

Don't listen tot he other folks that say not to contact folks. It's like dating, if you are afraid of hearing the word no, you are never going to go out with the pretty girls.

By: klesko

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.