facebook

What I wish I knew before rush:

by:    

This is a PSA that I wish I had known when I was rushing (as an out-of-state girl).

First word of advice - get off of greek rank. Experience the houses yourself instead of having a preconceived notion of which sororities are good and bad. In the long run, it won't matter - when people ask you in your 30s what sorority you were in, they're not going to say, "Ew, that was so low ranked at UGA," because no one actually cares. All that matters is YOUR experience. 

"Old row" doesn't hold the same value it used to or what people hype it up to be. They do things with the "top frats," meaning they have busy social calendars. Many people in my dorm talked about how important getting into an old-row sorority was during rush, inflating the value of those houses. After bid day, I realized "old row" did not necessarily mean the best-looking or smartest girls, just ones who were connected to that house. Please be aware of this so you can have an open mind!

I know girls in pretty much every sorority and can honestly say there are really kind, fun, smart and pretty girls in each house.  Therefore, my advice to you is to not get yourself fixated on the rank of a house. You will actually end up where you belong, and if you don't end up pledging a sorority in the fall - it's okay!  You can spring-bid or rush next year, and it is not the end of the world, I promise! Have fun with it, and be open to the possibilities! Many girls I know did not get their top choice and were devastated - however, they ended up in the house that was the best fit for them and are happy! Have fun with recruitment, and enjoy your first semester! Don't obsess about a sorority; I promise (coming from experience) it's not worth it because everything will work out as it should. 

Posted By: uga_gossipgirl
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Such a good post

By: preach
#2by:    

I can’t even hate as a troll this is great advice

By: Bffr

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

As someone who did COB in spring and love where I ended up, I want to second that it’s OKAY if fall rush doesn’t work out. Enjoy it and have fun, no crazy pressure needed!

By: it’s okay
#4by:    

Old row forever - the “best” sororities are still Old Row.

By: Hahaha
by: dogs   

said no one ever

By: dogs
by: AGD is old row   

Old Row means nothing ar UGA.

By: AGD is old row

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.