facebook

PNM must-read from current sorority girl

by:    

When you rush, you need to know what you are joining sororities for. Parties? Socials? Service opportunities? Campus involvement? Family traditions? Sisterhood? Leadership opportunities? There are countless reasons that you may consider.

Of course every sorority has all range girls and vibes of those but certainly, each of them is heavy on each aspect.

Speaking stereotypes, here’s “top” sororities are usually party or social based. Traditions as well but, come on, we don’t care traditions when we mention them in “top” chapters. You are going to have fun parties and invites more frequently. It also means that they rely heavily on the “cult” vibes and strict rules in their outer images. If you are into that, go for it.

Those “low” houses are typically smaller chapters and they are not party-heavy sororities. They do party, they have fun, just not as mush as the “top”. Less rules, regulations, and “A list B list things”. You will not have heavy southern sorority experience, instead you will have more time for school works than being in heavy schedule sororities. that is tough but it is true.

“Mid” houses are really wide range of sorority lifestyles and can’t really define. There are a few that rely heavily on academic performance that would help your gpa boost. There are a few where they are “Christian”. Some are in-state stereotypes, etc.

Consider your second, third, fourth year in that sorority. What will you look like? Will you be heavy in sorority involvement until you graduate? Consider your future, do not just look in your first year. Once you initiate, you can’t take back, ever. Think precisely.

KNOW YOUR PRIORITY IN GREEK LIFE
I regret I just went for the “ranks” when I rushed. Wish I could do more research on each chapter.

Posted By: Read
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Bump!

By: D
#2by:    

I doubt this will
Change anyone’s mind but this is a great post.

By: Ate

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Bump!

By: Go

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.