facebook

bids?

by:    

Do most girls get a bid from a sorority? I'm from California and I don't really know anybody at UGA, but I really like Phi Mu, would it be hard to get a bid from them? Are most houses already filled with legacies?

Posted By: Rushee
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Your answer to this question is to go through rush just like every other girl did and see how it works out for you. Last year, around 1500 girls rushed and every house took approximately 75 girls or so. If you do the math, there are girls who did not make it through all of recruitment because they either- decided to drop because they were unhappy with their selection or did not see themselves in Greek life. Your best bet before rush is to represent yourself the way you want people to see you and get recommendations from as many as possible so you can have your name out there. Legacies matter but at the same time they don't wipe you out of the process of recruitment. Don't get your heart set on only one sorority- Phi Mu might not work out. Get to know them all. Good luck!

By: Rush

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Most sororities do give preference to legacies, however not all legacies will end up in that sorority and legacies make up a smaller number of the pledge class. If you don't know anyone in a sorority, it will be slightly harder to get a bid, however if you show your great personality, GPA, involvement, look your best each day and get recs (alumni chapters are great for this!) you shouldn't have a problem! The really southern chapters like AOPi, ADPi, ZTA, and Theta may be less likely to work out, but if you go through recruitment with an open mind, you'll end up where you fit in best!

By: so sorority

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.