facebook

Transferring from school where my sorority is bottom?

by: .

I rushed last year at a Big 12 school and got a sorority that is bottom tier there. I haven’t been loving the school and want to transfer back to the east coast. My sorority is considered top tier here. Will they actually let me affiliate with this chapter? I’m thin and decent enough looking but I’m a bit quiet until I feel comfortable. I think that is why I got a bottom house at my school. I’m scared that I won’t be able to be in a sorority at all anymore if I transfer and I’ve really liked the experience

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Um   

I mean no one can guarantee they’ll take you but I haven’t heard of someone trying to and not getting in as an already initiated transfer. Just be outgoing and friendly and try to look your best when you meet the girls even if you’re normally shy

By: Um
#2  by: hi   

it also definitely depends on which top tier one because some have been known to be way more accepting of transfers than others

By: hi
by: .Dec 18, 2023 4:38:06 PM

Could you specify which are the ones that are more accepting?

By: .
by: ^Dec 21, 2023 4:32:28 PM

It doesn't matter 'which ones' it only matters for your own.

By: ^
#3  by: truth.   

It has absolutely nothing to do with tiers, those are imaginary. You need to check your sorority's national affiliation policy. It's usually not automatic and the new chapter would have to vote you in but mostly not a problem unless there's a real red flag about your compatiblity with their vibe.

By: truth.
by: ThisJan 10, 2024 12:48:53 PM

And usually that “vote” is more of a formality. With a transfer who was already initiated, they aren’t typically going to be like “hmmm I’m not sure if this new transfer fits our vibe so imma vote no”

Also some (if not all) sororities have a requirement where they have to report to nationals, their chapter advisors, (and in some cases also to the transfer’s former chapter) to provide justification if they don’t want to allow you to reaffiliate.

At least for my chapter (which is one of the more selective ones), the only situation where I’ve seen us reject a transfer was for a girl who transferred for 2nd semester of her junior year and tried to negotiate for reduced dues - the dues she was paying at her former chapter were like 1/3 of what they are here because she was transferring from a small school where sororities don’t have physical houses. We tried to work with her, but she started acting really petty over it and posting TikToks saying really awful (and untrue) things about the chapter here.

So basically, transfer policies can definitely vary, but you should generally be fine as long as you don’t give the chapter here a bunch of valid reasons to hate you lol

By: This

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.