facebook

How does Spring Rush Work?

by:    

I transferred to UGA as a sophomore and dropped out of rush just before pref. I am still interested in joining a sorority but really haven’t been able to meet a lot of sorority girls this semester. How does spring rush work and what are my chances if I don’t know a lot of girls in different houses?

Posted By: Curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

There is not an actual spring rush and there are not a lot of bids to offer in spring. Your best chance to get a spring bid is to reach out to sorority members you know and tell them you are interested. Without knowing members in a house, your options for spring aren't really any better than they were before pref.

In spring, sororities mostly already know who they want to offer bids to and only a few sororities will even have a rush event. AXiD will have these. Some sororities may be offering some bids, but it is nothing like formal recruitment in the fall that is run by panhellenic and all the sororities participate and take a large new member class. Usually sororities just offer a few bids without announcing that they are actively rushing, because they aren't.

By: spring

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.