facebook

grace down syndrome

by: curious

did the girl grace with down syndrome get a bid? i cant really see her fitting in with the girls

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: i think   

pretty sure i saw aoii!! so happy for grace and for the aoii girls (if what i heard was correct)

By: i think
#2  by: syb   

she got a bid from aoii which I think is ridiculous. I'm sure some beautiful smart 18 year old who really wanted to be there got dropped after pref to make space for her.

By: syb
by: nopeSep 3, 2023 11:57:25 AM

That's not the way the program works and there are no drops after pref. I'm sure you are an idiot. Stay bitter.

By: nope
by: wowSep 5, 2023 4:10:01 PM

This comment is so baffling and offensive, you should be ashamed. That's not even how the Destination Dawgs programs work, and any new member added through Destination Dawgs does not factor in to the total given to chapters by Panhellenic that they can fill up to in fall recruitment.

By: wow
by: oSep 5, 2023 7:07:20 PM

there are 1000% drops after pref

By: o
by: ^Sep 5, 2023 8:18:03 PM

If you are invited to a sorority's pref you are on their bid list somewhere; they don't drop you. Matching with your second choice instead of your first is not being dropped, it's just about where you were ranked on the bid lists. And if you put down one house out of two and don't match with that one house you may not get that bid, which is self-dropping, not being dropped by a sorority.

By: ^
#3  by: truth hurts    

The girl with down syndrome did not count against the house quota numbers. You got cut on your own merit or lack of it. Back in the day UGA greek life was not set up well and cruel to those with developmental disabilities of cerebral palsy etc. Glad to know they are following the UT Knoxville model. But they were not compliant with the ADA or disability services years after passage. They used their exception and UGA allowed this to happen. I do not think the Greek system is really taken on the equity piece of disabilities to include those with learning differences. Diversity only means a few select groups. Greek life needs reforms and UGA needs to address their own history past and present. Clearly, the down arrows on so some of the comments above show how badly true diversity education is needed. Having one token in the house is not true diversity but is a start. AOPI at UT Knoxville was one of three sororities in the past few years accepting sisters with DS. Sad to say it was not mine sorority. Good job AOPI Nationals and AOPI UGA and AOPI UTK. To the girl thinking Grace took your bid may you have healthy children one day free of any disability as clearly you do not have the understanding or values in your history to rise to the challenge. You may want to take a hard look as if Grace did not keep you from getting a bid then it was really your lack of meeting the criteria to get one.

By: truth hurts
by: truth hurts Sep 4, 2023 4:13:30 PM

I owe an apology I feel to generation Z as the more I read the comment by SYB the more I think it is from an older generation with the thought process of what defines pretty as a standard left in a bygone era. Most of the generation Z and X I work with would never make such comments. They are much more accepting of new standards of pretty and not locked into thinking patterns. I forget how many old people go to Greek rank to vent as the fear change.

By: truth hurts

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.