facebook

Try for Alpha Xi now or wait till spring

by:    

I didn't rush, mainly because my parents wanted me to adjust to school before joining a sorority. Joining a brand new org seems interesting but my parents are pushing for me to wait till spring at least. I did go to philanthropy night and it sounds like it could be a good opportunity but I'm not sure what to do.

It does sound like being a founder is a lot of work, so not sure if I should try to go for it or wait till spring and try to join an established house? Anyone else in this situation?

Posted By: help
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If your parents want you to adjust to school first then joining the new sorority is contrary to that and a lot of work without the social benefits of an established sorority.

The opportunity will be there in the spring as well. They will certainly do COB. Suggest you wait and get your feet under you and try to meet other sorority women this semester. And fraternity men are connected to sorority women too.

My two cents.

By: wait
#2by:    

Agree with the person who said to wait. I know it's exciting to be part of a founding class but it's also a ton of work. My cousin was a founder at her school and there was so much work she wasn't expecting. She found it rewarding but was glad she joined as a sophomore and not a freshman.

By: imo

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.