facebook

A person that spent time with them all….aka: rankings

by: Recruit

Ok as a recent pnm and currently having accepted a bid with an amazing chapter not to be named, I believe I have a unique perspective on the sorority experience and “the best”at UGA. first, abt me, I was recruited by both old row and “new row” alike. I will comment on those houses that stood out to me on the journey and where I felt most “at home”. First, all the girls, the houses, events, rush parties were lovely that i attended. Second, I believe “the best” sororities or the highest ranking ones is because the “old row” sororities have been around the longest. It’s almost like they’ve successfully created a brand of being exclusive and therefore they are. Their spots also get filled faster and they can cut more aggressively, so-they do cut aggressively and the story of their awesomeness is perpetuated.
But are they? They are perhaps the Hermes vs Louis Vuitton vs Gucci vs Chanel vs Prada. But is one actually, truly better quality-wise than the other or is there a greater price tag or scarcity due to (perceived) demand? And they’ve maintained a reputation of exclusivity and “top tier”. And, subsequently, they are exclusive and to be fair, they are also great. But are they actually better? Maybe and maybe not. While I loved a few of the old row I matched with (ex. PM, ADPi, another), I loved, loved and was super impressed by many other ones regardless of what the rankings say -or whoever makes those up. And yes some “new row” sororities I even ranked higher than the “exclusive” ones as I moved forward. I give big praise to, aphi, AOII, ChiO, Zta, AXO, dz, dg & OTHERS AS REPORTED TO ME BY OTHER PNMs who went thru the same thing. So many beautiful, smart, perfect girls. Some to be expected were indeed snobby with the perceived “greatness” but srsly it’s time to throw the rankings out. The rankings are pretty much all fake but I guess at the end of the day, who doesn’t want the $10k+ bag? Ya know?

Posted By: Recruit
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ???   

What in the chatgpt word vomit did I just read….

By: ???
#2  by: Okayyy    

That was a lot but don’t disagree. Would b good to get some positive comments back from nm

By: Okayyy
#3  by: lol   

It was impossible for any PNM to see all the sororities in person

By: lol
by: RecruitAug 21, 2023 6:10:40 PM

Didn’t say all. 8 or so + day one impressions. Duh

By: Recruit

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.