facebook

Is Suicide bidding/SIP rly dangerous?

by:    

Im visiting 2 chapters in this pref round and I rly don’t wanna end up in one of the chapters. I don’t see myself mixing here.

Meanwhile, i’m also not sure if i’m the top list pnm for my #1 choice chapter for bid matching. But since round 2&3 in this chapter were soooo my type and rly felt comfortable, this chapter will still remain my #1 for MRABA.

I heard my #1 chapter offered some snap bids last year and i’m just hoping that plz dont let it be so competitive this year.

I know it is not good to ask any advice here but… what do you think? Should I try the suicide bidding? Should I just rank them both? Am I going to be penalized if i do the SIP and ended up not getting into my #1 chapter?

Posted By: Upperclassman pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If u rly don’t want the other one just sip. U won’t be “penalized” but it also won’t “help “ u get a bid from preferred sorority. U still need to be high on their list

By: Sip
#2by:    

If you are 100% dead certain you would rather go without a bid at all than be in your #2 house, then it's okay to SIP. If you don't get a bid from #1, at least you would not be bound by the MRABA and could potentially get a COB next semester. If you don't SIP and do end up with your #2, you are locked down for an entire year due to the MRABA.

Either way, make sure that you tell your #1 house that they are the one you want. They can't read your mind.

I hope it works out for you!

By: tough one

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Yes   

This is great information.

By: Yes
by: Good   

Great advice imo so bumping

By: Good
#3by:    

I almost suicide bid but didn’t and ended up in my second house and it was the best thing that could’ve happened to me. On bid day I was sad but the longer I stuck with it the more I realized this was the right house for me and it was a good decision to not suicide.

By: Hm
#4by:    

I suicided a few years back and honestly don’t regret it, even though I didn’t get that house and was ultimately dropped. My Gamma Chi hinted that suiciding might ‘push me down’ on my preferred house’s list, but I don’t think that’s true.

Even though I did NOT get a bid from the house I choose, I made friends and got a bid through COB later in the semester to a house I LOVE (obviously!). If I hadn’t suicided, I would’ve had to wait until I was a sophomore and would have missed out on some fun freshman things imo.

Best advice, make it VERY clear to your top house that you feel at home there. I am wishing you so much luck!! And if worse comes to worse, formal recruitment is t the only way home!

By: oldie
by: ^   

Your ranks of your houses, or only ranking one of them, has nothing to do with where you are on any house's bid list. They have no idea how you rank them and they make their ranks independently of anything other than how their chapter feels about you. You rank your houses and sign your card, and then after every pnm turns in her card quota is set. The sororities turn in their ranks, not knowing anything about the pnm's ranks, and bid matching commences.

The only slight advantage not doing SIP would offer is this:
if you were ranked too low by both your #1 and #2 houses to get a bid through the matching process, you would still get a bid through quota additions and that would generally favor you to go to your #1.

By: ^
by: Maggie   

Quota additions usually go to the smaller house so I doubt that

By: Maggie

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.