facebook

So disappointed

by:    

Should I just drop? I only got back the houses I dropped. I didn’t even get any mid tier houses at all. I’m from out of state and really don’t know anyone here.

Posted By: Sad
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I would stick with the process and see what you get. Don’t drop out, because you could always get a snap bid from one of your more preferred houses. You can always give it a shot, and if you don’t like the sorority you get, drop before pledging/confirmation so you can rush again as a sophomore. At that point, you’ll know more people and people will know you

By: Hmm
by: ^   

Often times pref is a deal breaker and can convince a pnm that a sorority is really worthy of a try, or convince her that she really isn't feeling it. If you are really not feeling it after pref, then DO NOT SIGN YOUR CARD. If you sign the card then you are committed for an entire year - you are ineligible for a snap bid (rare but they do happen) or a COB bid later in the semester or year, or to try for AXiD. See it through until pref and then trust your gut.

By: ^
#2by:    

I’m considering too. I barely know anyone here and got back Dphie which i’ve ranked last everytime

By: lol
#3by:    

did you genuinely not like any of the houses you got back? or do you just not want to be below mid tier? because the tier thing is stupid and exactly why you should stay off this site

By: ok
by: yo   

SOOO true!!

By: yo
by: yep   

facts

By: yep
by: Go dawgs   

This is good advice. All that matters is if you connect with the house.

By: Go dawgs
#4by:    

u could always try axid rush? it might b a better risk than ending up with like dphie or sdt?

By: options
#5by:    

out of state girls with no connections always struggle and lots are disappointed with schedules at this point

stick it out - at least you’ll meet some new people and maybe even find your best friends

By: m
#6by:    

As someone else said, you can’t drop sororities, you give the ones you want to see again a “1” and then rank in order the ones that did not knock your socks off. The reason you rank 2 thru whatever is to give you the opportunity to see as many sororities as possible. So if you can return to 10, and your tenth #1 doesn’t ask you back, then your #2 will move up. If they didn’t ask you back, the computer will see if your # 3 asked you back and so forth. So if you are down to one house you were not high enough on the other sororities lists. You do have one remaining, plus you could check out the Alpha Xi Delta colonization. So you need to decide if you want to continue with regular recruitment or withdraw now and try for Alpha Xi.

By: To the OP
#7by:    

i ended up withdrawing. i was bid promised by my fav house then dropped and i just didn’t click with the houses i had left. i signed up for cob and plan on spring rushing or rushing again sophomore year. there’s no shame in withdrawing if you don’t think you’ve found your home with anyone you have left!

By: drop

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: hey   

totally agree girl, there really is no shame in it at all!

By: hey
#8by:    

I would rush next year

By: Pnm
#9by:    

I only got pi phi and they are very bottom. I’m sticking with it just to see. Definitely disappointed though. I feel your pain.

By: Crazy
by: :(    

Yah I’m left with Pi Phi and AGD, and I just really didn’t like either house…. Idk what to do because I don’t want to join AXiD either. Might have to try my luck with COB or try again next year :(

By: :(
#10by:    

I don’t mean any offense, but was there really nothing that you liked about them, or is it that they are not ranked high here on Greekrank? Please understand that there is a probability that the houses that will have spaces open for COB are often the houses you aren’t interested in during fall recruitment, during COB, members are encouraged to bring their non-Greek friends who they think would be a good fit, for COB. Since you already withdrew and are pinning all your hopes on COB you should get involved in clubs on campus where you can meet and befriend sorority girls, so you are one of the first thought of for COB.

By: Curious
by: Curious   

recruitment. During COB. ( I hate we can’t correct typos)

By: Curious

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.