facebook

Alpha xi delta rush

by: Rush today

Anyone else seriously considering rushing alpha xi delta now after seeing their schedule today

Posted By: Rush today
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: srat   

tbh they’re gonna be weirder than any established bottom tier chapters

By: srat
by: wtf Aug 14, 2023 9:46:35 PM

why tf r j tearing down girls. get off Greekrank and go do smth useful with ur time.

By: wtf
#2  by: process   

1) you should not be asking for advice on this site. Stay off of it.

2) since you asked...see the process through to the end. Give the chapters who invited you back a chance to show you what they are about. Lots of pnms have had their minds changed by groups later on in the week. you shouldn't base your decision at this point on one 20 minute visit. you don't have to sign the card following pref, so nothing is lost by completing the process.

By: process
#3  by: No   

Ngl I’m kinda disappointed with my schedule, but I’d still choose any of the houses I have left - even Pi Phi or DPhiE - over AXiD any day. I feel like we just won’t get the same experience with AXiD compared to the already established sororities

By: No
by: ^^^^Aug 14, 2023 9:49:18 PM

Yea I guess this is true, but it depends one what you’d rather do. If u want the experience of a founding sister, then go axid; it’s an experience not too many girls get and probably would look a lot better on a resume than just saying u were in “xyz” sorority. It also has leadership opps to I think! However, if being in an established house and getting to go to socials, philanthropy events, etc is something that matters to u, then pledge a house that’s already here. Both choices are tailored to different types of girls and what they want and that’s ok :)

By: ^^^^
by: EhAug 15, 2023 3:27:11 PM

Except there are plenty of other student organizations that look good on a resume. Sure, there are opportunities to take on a leadership role within a sorority, but I think it’s more common to join a sorority for friends and social events, then also get involved with something like Miracle/Hero’s/SWAB etc… or a major-related organization for experience that looks good on a resume.

Nothing against AXiD, but I’d discourage PNMs from dropping out of formal recruitment for them since being a founder is an investment that might not even pay off while we’re still in school.

For what it’s worth, my older sister joined APhi when they colonized since she missed the deadline to sign up for formal recruitment. She’s always said that if she could do it over again, she would have waited to rush as a sophomore (or just not missed the deadline to rush as a freshman lol) because it didn’t start to feel like a “real” sorority until her junior/senior year.

By: Eh
by: ^^^^Aug 15, 2023 4:24:13 PM

True, I'd say getting involved with stuff like student government or something related to your major would be a million times better than just saying u were in a sorority lol. I just meant that a leadership opps would look better than just saying you were a member. That's the one main benefit I see with axid, you get leadership opps quickly!

#4  by: tbh   

The reason to rush Alpha Xi is not because you dislike the houses you have today.

If you are ready to work hard and be a leader to establish something new, consider them. But my cousin was a Sigma Kappa founder at Bama and while she loved the experience, the amount of work required led to some burnout. The girls are also very sweet but they are ranked at the bottom (rankings are dumb, just sharing in case anyone is going for Alpha Xi due to rankings)

By: tbh
#5  by: Jesus    

why are all of y’all being so negative, like Jesus Christ. this is the reason why people hate greekrank. The people who are commenting negative stuff are already in established sororities here who feel threatened abt a new house. there’s no reason to be, we need more houses in order to support the amount of girls going thru rush. im participating in axid rush and I’m excited for it, there’s nothing to be ashamed or rude about. like seriously, stop being so negative.

By: Jesus
by: ^^^^^^Aug 15, 2023 8:24:34 AM

THIS!!

By: ^^^^^^
by: ^^^^Aug 15, 2023 12:26:01 PM

bump for this comment alone lol

by: hi Aug 15, 2023 4:25:09 PM

BUMPPP

By: hi
#6  by: Just want to point out…   

That since you are not guaranteed a bid from Alpha Xi, you might want to continue through prefs and see what you think after those parties, and then decide whether to sign the MRABA or to withdraw and rush AXD. Good luck to you, whatever your decision is.

By: Just want to point out…
#7  by: hey   

is anyone signed up for axid recruitment? im kinda curious to see how it goes?

By: hey

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.