facebook

hi please help me!

by:    

Hi! I'm a pnm this year and am currently in the process with rush. Today, i visited kd among some other houses. I've really tried to keep an open mind with each of the houses I've visited so far (it's so hard because I love every one!) However, I've heard from a lot of people that kds here have the rep for being kinda meanish. Yet, they're a top house? One of my friends is a year older than me and her roommate last year was a kd. My friend ended up moving out after two months because of how awful her roommate treated her. I know there are good and bad girls in every sorority. I kinda liked the house, but I'm scared that alot of the girls are going to be like my friend's roomate? I'm not even sure I'll get asked back, but I just want to be informed for making decisions! Please someone give me advice!!!!

Posted By: pnmm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

i'd say go with your gut. true, there are nice and rude girls in every house. i'f you liked it then there's nothing wrong with that! but you may not have anything to worry abt if you don't get asked back lol.

By: hey
#2by:    

You will have more rounds to feel it out. Give it a chance bc there are great girls in every chapter, but also keep your prior knowledge in mind because during rush each house is going to present the very best version of themselves to you and you won’t see the negatives.

By: More rounds

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I hope you’re not relying on anything you read here, because the info here is not reliable. At all. And basing your perception of a chapter on a friend’s experience is also unreliable. My freshman year roommate and I did NOT get along. She was the baby of her family and acted very babyish. She actually wanted me to wake her up during the week!! I am sure there are things I did that drove her nuts too. Anyway, she was in the marching band, but I would not think that all the band members were like her, and you should not think an entire sorority is just like your friend’s roommate. Give them another look if you’re invited back. Observe how the sisters interact. See what type of girl is being invited back there.

By: Mean sorority
#4by:    

UPDATE: I got asked back to them for house tours and ended up deciding not to pref them today. I listen to y'all's advice, the dynamic between the girls in KD just seems off? I felt more comfortable and at home elsewhere, so thank u for the help!

By: hi this is my post
#5by:    

I know multiple girls who went kd for the name and then dropped after bid day bc of the girls being mean. They ended up rerushing sophomore year and went where they were really happy. But I also know some KDs who are also not stuck up and so down to earth it really just depends who you meet

By: Hi
by: Rush Sux   

KD girl I talked to during rush this week was so rude and dismissive.

By: Rush Sux
#6by:    

Fake.

By: Uh-huh
by: KD    

ok KD, no need to get salty.

By: KD
#7by:    

I’d stay away from kd. I’m in a mid-tier house and one of my best friends is KD and she gained just a little bit of weight and they harrassed her non stop and kept texting her by calling her “piglet” in the actual texts. Her mom and I had to talk her from leaving school altogether.

Ultimately, your decision. But def go with your gut girl.

By: Advice
by: ^^^   

omg that’s terrible… actually disgusting

By: ^^^
by: ^^^^   

totally agree, thats so bad

By: ^^^^

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.