facebook

AXID House?????

by:    

I am PNM going through rush this year and I heard AXID is not going to have a house? Does any know anything about this?????

Posted By: pnmmm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

yeah there is literally no plan for them to have a house and no property near milledge at all. that's what panhellenic exec told our chapters

By: srat
by: Just stop   

That’s just not true! I’m not sure what your “exec” told you, but ours (who happens to be supportive) indicated that AXID have the money and are just waiting for the right property to present itself. In fact, we were also told that their national housing committee were here over the summer looking at options with a realtor and the money was more than available. TBH, I’m just disgusted by the negativity over a chapter trying to establish themselves. This is exactly the reason people not involved in the Greek system think sorority girls are superficial and catty.

By: Just stop
#2by:    

I heard they are looking into buying the Phi Psi house from them….

By: hmmmm
by: srat    

so they’re not planning to be on milledge???????? sounds like a setup for failure to me

By: srat
by: uh what   

ok there's no need to be so negative. i hate it so much that people use this site to tear down girls and their organizations. comments like this are part of the problem :/

By: uh what
by: Same   

Same.

By: Same
by: alum   

the phi psi house is lowkey kinda a nice piece of property tbh. yeah it’s off campus but if it’s just temporary I don’t see it as a huge problem

By: alum
#3by:    

im participating in axid rush, I'm sure they'll tell us then. if not milledge, i hope it's at least on lumpkin

By: hi
by: ^   

I'm also going thru their rush so fingers crossed!

By: ^
#4by:    

I am sure they will get a house at some point in the near future but it can take a while. It’s prob better that they wait to get a house with a good location then rush into it.

Founding sisters and early PCs prob shouldn’t expect to live in a house to avoid disappointment. That shouldn’t stop anyone from joining though. I am sure they will find a way to live together in apartments.

By: Imo
#5by:    

This is their first year. They have a good reputation in state and are strong at Georgia Tech. Expecting them to have an instant house on Milledge is kind of ridiculous. Good for them for starting a chapter here - we need more since rush is so competitive.

By: wait
by: ^^^   

exactly! with the amount of girls we have going through rush, we need more houses!!!

By: ^^^
by: True but    

Alpha phi came in strong with their house purchased and plans already drawn up. It was a huge reason they’ve been so successful (I’m not saying theyre top tier but they have a full chapter) despite colonizing very recently.

By: True but
#6by:    

I heard dphie is getting kicked off campus in the next few years bcuz they never meet quota during rush and axid would get their house

By: hi
#7by:    

Are there any decent houses for sale on Milledge right now? Wonder if they will have to buy a small house and add to it like Alpha Phi did. That works well for them

By: ??

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

There’s the abandoned one across from theta lmao… other than that nothing has rly been on the market. I always adored that house on the corner of Baxter and lumpkin across from agd. I hope they get an awesome house! But realistically they’ll probably have to buy a frat house— maybe dtd? Or the ccf building? I’m so curious to see how it ends up

by: ^   

I like the Delts house but hope Alpha Xi can be on milledge. Some of the frat houses on milledge are really cute and would be perfect, like ATO, Sig Ep or Theta Chi.

By: ^

oh yeah that’s a good idea… maybe even the byx/old lambda chi house would be great. Put those church boys somewhere else lol

#8by:    

They will eventually find a house. Their best bet would to negotiate with the Lanier family for the Butler Building and the adjacent abandoned house next to on Milledge left of APhi. You have to find a piece of property that is large enough to provide adequate parking. ACC rules dictate for any new sorority/fraternity construction must have enough parking for ALL the occupants of the house. That was one reason why APhi and Chi Phi wasn't any bigger. Their planning team could only fit so many parking spaces on their lot as well as fit a large enough house. AXiD has plenty of funding. They are just waiting to find the right property that can meet all their future needs. It may also behoove them to wait in this inflated Athens market. Property values are way up compared to 3 years ago. Wait a bit of time so they can get more bang for their buck.

By: .

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.