facebook

Why do UGA students act like UGA is a good school

by:    

This school is hard to get into because everyone who comes here is looking to rush and party, not actually because of the programs here.

If you wanted an actually good school you would've gone Tech, Miami, Vanderbilt, Tennessee or Duke.

Posted By: LoL
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

LOL tennessee

By: lol
#2by:    

Miami and Tennessee are both great safety backups in case you don't get your first choice safeties.

By: sure
by: ^   

So, they are not even safety schools, just safety school backups for your safety schools.

By: ^
#3by:    

If you want a Southern school Miami is not Southern.

By: nah
by: LoL   

Miami and Tennessee both have multiple publications ranking some of their programs in the top 20. How many programs does UGA have in the top 50? Dw I will wait.

All of you chose a party school to come to lol and I think you all know it. You just don't want to admit that's why you tried hard in HS. To come here and party.

By: LoL
by: still   

Miami is not a Southern school, it's a completely different culture.

By: still
#4by:    

Lol Tenn and Miami.

By: Factbased
#5by:    

Why is this on greekrank.

By: Huh
#6by:    

UGA has significantly higher admissions stats and well outranks both Tennessee and Miami. Miami is a backup to UGA, and Tennessee is several tiers lower - its stats are on par with GA Southern.

Moreover, UGA has roughly the same admissions stats and ranking as Georgia Tech. Go to GT for engineering, UGA for every other discipline / major. Oh, and UGA has a far superior campus, attractive coeds, college town, Greek life, graduate programs, and athletics.

Of course, Vandy and Duke are academically superior to UGA. If UGA is your "match" school, then Duke and Vandy would be reasonable "reaches."

Castigating UGA for being a "work hard, play hard" academically acclaimed state school is preposterous. The same can be said about UGA's peer institutions - UF, UT-Austin, UNC, UVA, etc. All excellent schools and top choices for landing a great job while obtaining a top education, dating attractive people, and having a ball of a time.

You sound like a reject - most likely one who attended Tennessee or Miami.

By: Facts > Feelings
by: lol   

None of your programs are on par with Miami or Tennessee so... Why else would be be applying other than football Greek life and fun? The academics are very lack luster here.

by: lol   

UGA isn't a bad school at all, in fact it is certainly in the top 100 schools, but when I see people on campus act like it is so much of a better school as some of the others I mentioned...

I feel school/state pride blinds a lot of the people that go here. We are competitive to get into because of football, the Greek scene, athens, and the school culture. Again the academics here are obviously still pretty good. Happy here, just want to check some egos.

#7by:    

I pray to be this delusional one day

By: U funny

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.