facebook

I really want to rush but

by:    

Incoming freshman here. i really want to rush this fall but I know I can’t afford it. i’ve heard that the cheapest sorority is around 1500 but it’s a low tier one. I know not being in greek life is kind of a big deal because there’s nothing else to really do in athens (in terms or socializing and having fun). are there scholarships for this sort of thing?

Posted By: annie
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

a lot of sororities do actually have scholarships, but u cant usually apply for them until after ur first semester

By: no
#2by:    

Good for you for investigating sorority expenses ahead of time. As much as it hurts. It’s good to know ahead of time. I will say, quite a few girls have jobs to pay for their sorority costs. If you can’t afford it this year, maybe you could work this summer and next and get a job here in Athens, save your money and rush as a sophomore.

By: $$$

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: $$$   

As to sorority scholarships, I wouldn’t count in one. At least in my sorority, they don’t just hand out money Willy-Nilly. You have to have good grades, leadership either within the chapter or another campus org, volunteer hours, be in good standing with your chapter, etc. and you are competing with girls from chapters all over the country for x amount of scholarships.

By: $$$
#3by:    

..."but it's a low tier one..." Please don't rush.

By: low tier
#4by:    

your info isn't accurate. the "cheapest" dues this year were Theta and Phi Mu (info from GLO during recruitment).

tbh, dues are only part of the total cost. you need to consider all the other costs - events, t-shirts, outfits, fundraisers, etc.

By: Truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.