facebook

what makes a chapter truly top here

by:    

old row just all take such specific girls in which craft in to beautifully executed chapters. kd and aopi also do a great job at getting unique chapters but just don’t have the old row label. i feel like the rest of the sororities are copy paste of the same types of girls. like absolutely no difference in what you see in zeta, tri delt, sk, gphi, aphi, and dz. that’s why frats who can’t get old row girls or kd and aopi to go their events are typically ranked lower bc the other sororities are just all the same and you can get the ANYWHERE.

frats like chi phi, sae, ka, ato, snu, fiji, and sig chi and to a lesser extent phi delt thrive bc they they get old row girls and have high standards for who they want as new members. i would consider these the “old row frats”. the guys you see in frats like ksig, dsig, pike, beta, sigep, pikapp, delt, dke are just all the same looking and couldn’t really show they were stand out during rush. a bunch of kids who thought they were cut out for the big leagues but fell way too short. they get a bunch of guys who don’t really add to the typical “uga standard”.

Posted By: hard reality
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If you disagree, you don’t go here or cant handle the fact that you aren’t prime uga material

By: Truth
by: OR   

So I am old row and the way you talk is embarrassing not everyone feels this way

By: OR
by: Disagree with @OR   

I disagree. The wording is off but some chapters do hold much heavier weight than others. Hierarchy is unfair, but it’s still there for reason. Like a bid from Phi Mu, Theta, ADPi, Kappa is not the same as a bid from Zeta, Tri Delt, APhi, SK in the slightest. And then in turn you see how many internal problems and scandals Zeta, Tri Delt, APhi, and SK have. Rankings show a lot more than what meets the eyes.

By: Disagree with @OR
#2by:    

I’m glad to see this OP not trying to pit ( fraternity wise) Old row verses New Row , but rather keep them as “old row frats”. Yes let’s be honest an Alabama thing . I mean seriously they were all established here at UGA after the civil war in the late 1800’s. I do think ATO ,Chi Phi, Fiji, KA , SNu, SAE, and SX are the Top “old row frats” for UGA

By: Yes
by: Exactly   

That was exactly what was meant of this post. It’s just saying some chapters show more legacy of the school and that is why they remain top and why some chapters just fall short during recruitment. It’s the same across all the SEC with Bama Old Row, or Ole Miss legacies, UK Rose Street, etc. Even the big ten has it with Indiana’s Elite 8 and Ohio States O-Block.

By: Exactly
by: This is a good    

I think most Greeks would be in agreement with this post

By: This is a good
#3by:    

bumppp

By: !!!
by: What makes top   

Both Sororities and Fraternities must have quality alumni involvement to thrive. Everyone of the “Top” you mentioned has deep pockets. It’s a must !

By: What makes top
by: why?   

What does alumni involvement and deep pockets have to do with it?

By: why?
#4by:    

Eh possibly having capital reserves for parties, socials, formals, extra curricular— it might take money to be able to do things quite possibly 😉

By: Duh
by: Agreed   

^^^^^ this

By: Agreed
#5by:    

this!!!

By: nbd
by: What   

Comical these down votes . WhT is not accurate about this post?

By: What
by: Ok ie   

Read this post - fair assessment imho . I been at UGA for 2 years

By: Ok ie
#6by:    

Agree . I don’t think the person listing the “Top 5🙂” thinks so . Imo anyone that is accepted to UGA has done something

By: Yeah
by: Year    

Total agreement with this^^

By: Year
#7by:    

Bumpp

By: Okay

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#8by:    

You're at UGA... grinders...

By: Huh?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.