facebook

Thoughts on Alpha Xi Delta reestablished next fall?

by:    

Just saw the sorority Alpha Xi Delta is being reestablished at UGA next semester. Do you think they’ll be good? Or like any new sorority/fraternity, will they make their way up from the bottom? What kind of girls do you think will be joining?

Posted By: noname
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Haha I just posted the same thing but I bet they’ll be similar to DPhiE. Not sure how that’s going to work though!

By: New srat!!!!
by: noname   

yeah i was thinking the same thing. good luck to them! always nice having someone new on campus.

By: noname
by: Noname   

Haha.

By: Noname
#2by:    

They probably won’t be good at first. They don’t have the best national reputation or large network/support that APhi had when they colonized, so I agree with the other comment that they’ll probably start out similarly to DPhiE.

I know Alpha Gam and DG moved up out of bottom tier when APhi and DPhiE colonized, so they’ll probably use this as another opportunity to become more competitive. APhi will try to distance themselves from the newer chapters and continue to recruit solely based on looks, and DPhiE is really going to be screwed tbh since they were already having trouble with recruiting and retention.

I’m honestly not sure what AXiD’s strategy will be based on the current environment. They aren’t competitive enough nationally to make a solid case to appeal to most of the stereotypical pretty/popular/outgoing PNMs, so I’m guessing they either try to establish themselves as a more diverse chapter or go the “we’re not like the other sororities” niche route. It’s just that DPhiE has already tried those strategies and hasn’t been successful.

The only other chapters that have shown any signs of weakness recently are AXO and Pi Phi (still solid, well-established chapters), and I just really don’t see any scenario where a PNM would want to choose AXiD over Pi Phi or AXO, when those PNMs would also probably have DPhiE as an option, along with possibly AGD, DG, or APhi.

By: Advisor
by: Thissss   

100% agreed!! Alpha Xi Delta has to somehow convince PNMs to give them a chance over alllll the other houses, and tbh most PNMs want to join a sorority for fun events, friends, socials etc… they don’t rly want to put in a ton of work to invest in building something that might not even feel like a real sorority until after they’ve already graduated.

By: Thissss
by: Ok   

What do you base national reputation on?

By: Ok
#3by:    

axid at tech is upper mid (think like sk vibes here) so i think they have a solid chance here to start off better then dphie did

By: lj
by: gt    

Yeah but that’s tech lmao Greek life there has a completely different vibe. I agree that they’ll have a better chance than dphie but there’s still no way they won’t start out at the bottom. We have so many really great sororities here already, and I don’t see how we have room for more unless a record number of PNMs sign up for recruitment this fall or something.

By: gt
by: SEC   

At Auburn they're probably lower mid. At USC they're newer but moving up.

By: SEC
#4by:    

There's a good bit of support from surrounding Alpha Xi Delta chapters which usually helps during establishments.

DPhiE also struggled at Georgia Southern from opening til the chapter was closed.

By: Support
#5by:    

i think bc axid will be new they will start from the bottom ofc, especially with soo many old row sororities at uga. but they are a very well run, tighter on the reigns organization. our brother frat is sigma nu idk much abt them at uga but it may count for something.

By: axid at another school
by: ^   

There is actually no such thing as a "brother frat" in NPC despite some fraternities having a connection in the history of some sororities' founding. Sororities stand alone and a fraternity would have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

By: ^
#6by:    

Were there any other choices? Or were they the only group to apply?

By: Choice

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#7by:    

I’m a little surprised they are returning to UGA because Alpha Xi is pretty weak in the south, and has lost chapters at UF, Bama and others. They are much stronger in the Midwest and north.

Wish them success though. Where will they buy a house?

By: Tbh
#8by:    

I wish UGA was a little more like UF Panhellenic. Their lower tier houses like SK, Phi Mu, Alpha Phi, and Gamma Phi all seem to be doing well.

Tiers are in place but the lower houses seem to do well during rush

By: Also
by: ???   

SK, Phi Mu, Gamma Phi - None are that great at UF.

By: ???
by: Yeah   

They are lower tier houses but consistently have good rushes and receive a lot of Panhel support

By: Yeah
#9by:    

If the alumni and local chapter support is there, they could get a strong start and find their footing eventually.

I also think they're using this to test the waters and see if they can do well on a SEC campus with set in stone tiers. This could lead to future expansion.

By: Person
#10by:    

I think Axid is doing really well this year! They seem to have a lot of pretty, sweet girls and have had a lot of events so far from what i’ve seen!

By: anonymous

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.