facebook

Oldrow vs Newrow is so stupid

by:    

Why are we one of the literal only schools i've ever heard of that pays attention to oldrow vs newrow differentiations?? No other SEC school that any of my friends go to do this. They're shocked when I tell them that SOME people place so much emphasis on it here. We all go to the same places downtown and do the same things its pathetic in the grand scheme. I really don't think that most people in Greek Life lets this dictate their friendships and connections if they're genuine people. However, I've noticed its only oldrow, who are solely there bc they're rich and clinging onto their highschool popularity, that kind of act snobbish towards you if you're not oldrow. No one is gonna care when you graduate what year your frat/srat stepped foot on this campus. Get a grip

Posted By: confused
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

It's cliquey because many OR knew each other from high school

By: Bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Uga Greek life is mostly in state kids that are all still stuck in the high school mentality fighting for pointless popularity

By: OR
by: Nah   

Nah - disagree . No cares about popularity. How hard is it to get into UGA.?? You have maybe 4 or 5 per major Georgia public high school who gets in and maybe 2 or 3 private school. Everyone is a rock stAr that gets into UGA . Now we have for the first time more oos applications than instate .

By: Nah
by: Name   

There might be more out of state students at this school in the near future

By: Name
by: Bill   

This!

By: Bill
#3by:    

I think the increased use of social media after 2020 made people more cliquey

#4by:    

No saying its a good thing... but Bama Greek life is very interested in and cares a lot about the "Old Row vs New Row" thing.

They talk about it non-stop.

By: truth
by: Name   

Yeah bama is more hardcore with old row v new row

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.