facebook

okay so...

by:    

I will be transferring to UGA next fall as a sophomore and I really want to rush! If I decide to rush I am going to keep an open mind, but so far from looking at websites and philanthropies, I have a few that I am especially interested in: Alpha Chi Omega (legacy), Alpha Delta Pi, Delta Zeta (legacy), Gamma Phi Beta, and Pi Beta Phi. I realize that none (except maybe ADPi?) of these are considered "top tier" and I am more than okay with that.. I am not looking for the most popular houses that have the prettiest girls and throw the hottest parties, but rather houses that have strong sisterhoods and seem to be involved. I have a good GPA (3.9) and have found many ways to become involved at my current school. I have no connections to any of the houses that I listed above, except the houses which I am a legacy to. I know my chances will be very limited as a sophomore, but with my high college GPA and the fact that I am interested in non "top tier" houses should I be able to get a bid despite my sophomore status and lack of connections? It seems that you have a better chance if you are realistic while ranking houses during rush, which I plan to do. Thanks in advance :)\n\n\n\n\n

Posted By: DawgFan
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

By the way, the connections that I have to AXO and DZ are legacy connections only. I don't know girls in those houses.

By: DawgFan
#2by:    

you won't be able to get a bid from ANY of the houses you listed without connections, they won't want you if you don't have connections! and thats just the way it is

By: honestly

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Make sure you get recommendations for all the sororities. Ask you mom's friends if they were in a house and get them to write you a rec. Per my daughter who is a sophomore in an old row house at UGA, they don't necessarily read them all, but if you don't have one it is a negative. Every house has a set number of spots for sophomores, so that is a good thing in your situation. I think you are right to be open minded. My daughter says there are great girls in ALL of the sororities at UGA!

By: It's Possible

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.