facebook

hateful?

by:    

I will be a freshman at University of Georgia next year! Go dawgs! I'd love to go through sorority recruitment and be a part of a sisterhood. The only thing holding me back is how hateful all of the sororities seem to be towards eachother. Is this website an actuate representation of UGA's greek life? Are girls from "top sororities" friends with girls from "bottom sororities" ? Will guys not want to date you if you aren't in a top house? Will non greek students judge you based on which house you belong to? What about other Greeks? I'm don't care about being in a top house, but I'm not interested in greek life if it truly is so hateful and judgmental.

Posted By: Freshman2014
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Are you crazy? Everything on this website is so opposite of the way it really is. Don't believe anything you read here!

By: Listen
#2by:    

Listen is right. This place is full of trolls, haters and posers. Don't know what their problem is. Probably bitter because they got dropped, or don't think they could get in. If they really are Greek, they're bad reps for it and don't give you a true picture at all. UGA's Greek system is great. People are friends with people in other sororities and fraternities, plus have friends who aren't Greek at all. Don't let this place keep you from going through recruitment and missing out on a great sisterhood.

By: Yep
#3by:    

While the other two are right, there will inevitably be some elitism from particular greek organizations. It's part of their whole schtick. But, on the other hand, many of the other organizations take a lot of pride in being more diverse and rounded than the "elite" ones.

Kind of a choose your poison sort of thing, regardless of the house you end up in going Greek is the best decision you can make in college.

By: Uh
#4by:    

I am in what would be considered a middle tier sorority and am very good friends with girls all across Greek life. I may be an anomaly when it comes to the system, but you can still be friends with ladies who are not in your sorority, regardless of affiliation. It is true that women from "old row" spend more time together, but they aren't against being friends with others.

By: BS

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Ridiculous   

comments made all the time by haters and idiots just trying to stir up trouble. All of my high school friends ended up joining different sororities and we totally support each other. we've had a ton of fun meeting everyone's new friends too.

By: Ridiculous
by: I Agree   

Don't be swayed by comments on this site - do your own thing!

By: I Agree
#5by:    

and just be yourself. There are some awesome ladies in every single house. Find one that fits and don't worry about the rest

By: Don't worry

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.