facebook

Can Blacks Do Well In Fraternity Rush?

by:    

How difficult is it to do well in Greek rush for black men?

Posted By: blackstudent
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

How well do whites do when rushing black fraternities? Is it difficult?

By: Ok

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: What   

Umm excuse u!! changing the question around is not what he asked for. Black men want to pledge white frats bc of the socials, Date nights, parties philanthropy and involvement. He asked bc of the movements going on now and basically the history as well. He may not be interested in strolling, not having a house to reside in and other things so he wants to try out the other side of Greek life. You tried but not hard enough. Try again lol.
Also, to answer your question whites don’t get discriminated in NPHC, the cultural differences stray them away from trying and vice versa to a POC rushing a NPC sorority or fraternity.

By: What
by: How   

Hey what How do you know whites don’t get discriminated? How do you know what the OP wants . Go away and quit trolling!!!

By: How
by: What   

Hey, How!! Because I’m an a POC in Greek life so I know why he’s asking. I got in my sorority and it was one of the best decisions; however, I can see why he’s so skeptical because being in a room full of ppl who don’t look like u is not reassuring but I’m grateful for my experience. I have a lot of friends in both Greek chapters and hear each side of their stories. White people are in no way shape or form discriminated in the NPHC chapters. They appreciate the differences because they learn more about each other.
I said those reasons because they were the same reasons why I joined a NPC sorority. Also, before u call me trolling how about you go read the testimonials on pledge againstracism.com. There are some non-POC sorority members calling out their own chapters saying that they have “special overflow rooms and certain sections of the lawns“ where they put POC so they wouldn’t get called back to the next round. Before u reply do your research and have a blessed day! Oh! And I forgot to tell you—> go away and stop trolling!!

By: What
by: Wrong   

Wrong ! Absolute lie . I am white and my roommate and we’re discriminated on our looks, economic background, and yes I am over weight . Please do not just make a blanket claim .

By: Wrong
#2by:    

You should have no problems rushing a good fraternity on Milledge or Greek Circle. If they’re aren’t accepting of you because of your skin color, it’s their loss. Rush can be tough for anyone but there’s definitely some great houses that’d give you a bid.

By: honest
#3by:    

As a white Greek student, being a POC will definitely hinder you when rushing certain fraternities. However, there are good fraternities out there that will rush you regardless of skin color. You will almost certainly face racism and micro-aggressions in your rush process. My advice would be to get out there and meet as many different people as possible and formulate your own opinions about each fraternity. Good luck!

By: Truth
#4by:    

check out dtd theyre pretty chill

By: null
#5by:    

I'm a POC woman who joined a NPC sorority. Some Greek organizations will cut you because of your race. You won't know that they did, but I fully believe that this is happening on UGA based on what I have heard.

Some of these organizations do tokenize POC, so you may see that they have a couple of token people who are POC in their house to say that they are diverse, but no more.

However, there are also organizations that are accepting of members despite these things. These tend to be the less popular houses in my experience, so I guess your definition of doing "well" depends on what you mean by that. I would recommend going in with a very open mind and trying to find a place where they accept you for who you are, not based on other's perception of what is popular or high status.

By: hi
#6by:    

its gonna be hell

By: no

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.