facebook

fraternity size

by:    

Why is membership size so small at UGA fraternities? The largest fraternities are about half the size of the sororities. I know the "quality versus quantity" reason and that might explain some but it doesn't explain why all houses are so small compared to the sororities.

Posted By: NewDawg
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Compared to say Texas or Oklahoma, where the bigger chapters have over 300 members? No thanks.

By: RiverRoad1

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: No   

houses over 300 at Texas fraternity or sorority. Honestly though, I like the idea of having quite a few strong fraternities of slightly smaller size than 3 or 4 monopolizing with enormous membership.

By: No
#2by:    

I think some of it's mathematics. We have 17 sororities and 26 fraternities, so there's more places for guys to go. I'm not for sure on this, but I think a lot more girls go through sorority rush than guys go through fraternity rush. More girls to fill fewer houses and less guys to fill more houses. Also, agree with RiverRoad1. I like a bigger house with more members, but 300-plus would be too much for me.

By: Well
#3by:    

UGA is 57% women, which is actually a lot more even than previous years.

By: Plus...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.