facebook

how does spring rush work for fraternities?

by:    

I am a current freshman guy, and I really regret not rushing this fall. I am very interested in rushing in the spring, but don't really know how it works. How many frats participate in spring rush, and what's the difference between spring and fall rush? Any info you can give me would be great.

Posted By: wg199
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Man you really need to get to know some of the guys that are in frats that you are interested in and contact the rush chair. See which guys fit with you and your interests.

By: uga

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: btw   

BTW, how many guys usually get accepted for each frat in the spring? Is it harder to get in in the spring, or easier with old row frats?

By: btw
#2by:    

Just depends. Some don’t take any, some take tons, some might take anywhere from 3-10 or so to replace brothers who graduated in December.

Uga’s comment above is right. Get to know some guys in your classes or dorm that are in fraternities and tell them that you are interested.

By: Abbadabba
#3by:    

I would start by not saying frat and say Fraternity. Contact the Rush Chairs in each Fraternity and meet them for lunch or simply go to their rush events. Good Luck!

By: hmm
#4by:    

Most fraternities don't do spring rush but the ones that do typically have small pledge classes. It's typically mid and bottom tier fraternities that do spring rush so be aware of that. I'd recommend reaching out to any of your friends and guys in your dorm to let them know you intend on doing spring rush. Side note on spring rush, if you don't absolutely like the place don't take a bid. IMO fall rush is way better even if you're a sophomore.

By: springrush
#5by:    

Meet fraternity guys this year in the dorm or at Ramsey or in class or downtown or wherever. Meet their friends. See where you fit and tell them you would like to rush. If they have spring rush, roll with it. If they don't, go to their Spring rush parties and meet other guys as well and rush in the fall. Don't decide you have to accept a Spring bid and be sorry.

By: Just check them all out

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.