facebook

continuous open bidding

by: released

Hey everyone. As someone who was cut from all the houses just before prefs, I was wondering if I have any chance at this point to get offered a bid somewhere through COB. I felt really connected to quite a few of the houses and was really surprised (and devastated) when I found out I'd been released. I knew my chances were a bit lower as an upperclassman, but as someone who was really invested in going Greek I just want to know if it's time to move on, or if there's still hope.

Thanks y'all.

Posted By: released
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hmmm   

Call Panhellenic on Wednsday. Everyone will be hungover on Tuesday.

By: Hmmm
#2  by: Truth   

The only houses who can COB are the ones below total. They most likely will be the ones who you "didn't feel a connection with" which is PNM code for "I don't want a bottom tier house." you need to keep a very open mind.

By: Truth
#3  by: ?   

Are any of the sororities participating in COB at this point? It seems like they all have full PCs but I could be wrong.

By: ?
#4  by: Time   

I think all sororities have memberships at 200 and above. I think it is time for a new colony. Maybe Alpha Phi or Alpha xi Delta. Both are strong nationally.

By: Time
#5  by: Guest   

Delta Gamma is doing COB

By: Guest
by: DuhSep 30, 2013 11:49:48 PM

As usual lol

By: Duh
#6  by: fml   

I was also released before pref round. I still want to be in a sorority, I don't even care which one. I would happily accept a bid from any of them. Is there a better chance of me getting contacted for COB or doing sophomore rush?

By: fml
by: WellSep 30, 2013 11:48:32 AM

obviously it'd be better to do COB as a freshman than sophomore rush, especially if you have a friend or two in the house. That's just common sense.

By: Well
#7  by: Boyer   

No, we don't need Alpha Xi at UGA. Alpha Xi is not good nationally. Alpha Phi would be great though. They're one of the best.

By: Boyer
by: HmSep 30, 2013 11:50:22 AM

And how do you know this? I love it when people talk about who is good nationally without actually being able to know this sort of information.

By: Hm
#8  by: Fun Fact   

Phi Mu is doing COB

By: Fun Fact
#9  by: I   

I think that there are several sororities bidding to colonize at UGA. Stay tuned for spring

By: I
by: HmSep 30, 2013 11:49:19 AM

whoever colonizes is going to be bottom of the barrel according to this website anyway.

By: Hm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.