facebook

ka vs. ato vs. snu vs. figi vs. phi delta vs. delta s

by:    

Is this a good rush list for an OOS guy??? Which one(s) are best for OOS guy?

Posted By: 1st year OOS
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Any of the FRATS that you listed would be Great!

By: GREAT
by: bum   

bum

By: bum
#2by:    

Darling, if you want a bid from Fiji, better spell it right.

By: Dear sweet 1st year OOS

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: 1st year OOS   

I know, right...

By: 1st year OOS
#3by:    

Can’t go wrong with those fraternities. All have solid group of guys !!

By: Cant go wrong
#4by:    

OOS - a word of honest advice. Most of the top houses begin their rush process in Spring or Summer. I know for a fact the KA, SNU and FIJI have already had Summer/Spring rush events. I imagine ATO is the same. If you haven't heard from those houses or been in contact, you are way behind. If you have friends in those houses, or know alumni who can refer you to them, get on the phone asap. The "Old Row" Houses (which include KA) are full before official rush ever starts. You need to get busy. Regardless of how great of a guy you may be, you unlikely to receive a bid from any of the 4 mentioned above just through the formal rush process.

By: ADVICE
by: Bump   

Bump

By: Bump
by: f   

YEP

By: f
by: Good information    

This is quality info for you guys planning on fall rush . All solid fraternities.

By: Good information
by: Info   

Second the thread ! Potential new dudes read !

By: Info
by: Filled   

Are SNU , KA ,ATO and FIJI filled up at this point ? I’m OOS and coming to Athens this weekend .

By: Filled
by: Almost   

The four mentioned may not yet be full yet but have zeroed in on most of the remaining guys they will offer. It is not too late yet but it is at least the bottom of the 7th inning. If you are coming this weekend, do the houses you plan to visit know you are coming?

By: Almost
by: Almost   

The four mentioned may not yet be full yet but have zeroed in on most of the remaining guys they will offer. It is not too late yet but it is at least the bottom of the 7th inning. If you are coming this weekend, do the houses you plan to visit know you are coming?

By: Almost
#5by:    

Always as good as your next fall pledge class . Yes these 4 are having events .

By: Agreed
by: Thank you   

Thanks for this thread — incoming freshman

By: Thank you
by: True   

Ain’t that the truth !

By: True
by: uga   

Do I still have a chance to get in?

By: uga
#6by:    

Bump

By: Bump
#7by:    

These 6 are the best on campus with SAE and Chi Phi in the mix as well.

By: Info
by: We will see    

We will see with Chi Phi and Sae after this fall Rush. Better start looking outside private school atl .

By: We will see
by: Rush    

Formal Rush coming soon and these boys listed above have been holding events and going dt with lots of potential members . I work dt.

By: Rush
#8by:    

When does actual rush start for guys ?

By: Rush start
by: Frat dawgs   

8/10, but top houses already have their pledge classes bid/signed.

By: Frat dawgs
by: Too late    

So it’s done for these fraternities mentioned above before Rush even has started ??

By: Too late
by: no   

phi delt gets a ton of oos guys, they hardly have any summer accepts then get a bunch of guys during formal. delta sig is a bid cannon youll be fine there too for formal rush

By: no
by: UGA    

Informal Rush happens in the summer, it's about over. Formal Rush is the week before classes start. If you are chill you will find an accepting spot. Be you and find the guys you gel witth...no worries my guy

By: UGA
#9by:    

So, from a girl’s perspective here’s my take. Yes, it is probably too late for SAE and KA. Their pledge classes are filled very early with legacies and private school buddies. If you are drop dead gorgeous, famously wealthy, or have some other “thing” that sets you apart, then you MIGHT get a bid as a last minute addition. I would say to focus on the others mentioned here... they are all really good and filled with great guys from Atlanta, other GA towns and OOS who just simply didn’t already know someone in SAE or KA.... as well as a few smart guys who didn’t feel the need to just continue to hang out with the exact same people that they did in high school. (The exact same can be said for sorority recruitment . The whole process is different but the end result is quite similar.)

SN, ATO, Phi Delt, Fiji all seem to hang on to a fair number of bids that they give to quality guys ithat just didn’t have the opportunity to come meet them earlier in the Summer.
If you are decently good looking, athletic and had a successful social life in high school, you shouldn’t have any problem getting a bid from any of these others in the next couple of weeks.

By: Ex GF
by: O   

Bump

By: O
by: GA   

Post this on its own, very helpful

By: GA
by: KA   

KA still has a pretty low number for this fall and is having some issues with accepts dropping so there is a chance you could look at them during formal rush week as well. SAE has been full for a couple weeks now though

By: KA
by: Are you sure about that?   

My brother is a KA and he said they are almost completely full.

By: Are you sure about that?
by: Disagree   

Fiji, ATO and SN are unlikely to hand out a bid to a guy who just walks in during formal rush without some knowledge of him or a rec from an alumni. You need a little more. Fair? not really but that how it is.

By: Disagree
by: Cft   

Bump!

By: Cft
#10by:    

OOS guys - this is old but still true. If you want top tier, get going now.

By: Back up for oos

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.