facebook

poc in greek life

by:    

so im applying to UGA this year and want to rush but im a woc and was wondering if i should be worried? im scared i wont get into any houses just because i am a woc.

Posted By: asdf!
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

What’s a POC?

By: Hey
by: I think   

People of color

By: I think
#2by:    

There are not many WOC rushing from year to year but that would not be a reason to keep you out of a house. You need a high GPA, which you would have anyway to get admitted, great resume, rec letters, clean social media, and to be poised, polished, and confident. If you have connections in houses, they help. It's a competitive recruitment for all. I would encourage you to try it.

By: Rush
by: ^   

Do it! But suggest you get admitted to UGA before worrying about anything else; that's enough on your plate for now. Good luck.

By: ^
#3by:    

This fall, 2018, I rushed as an African American and I rushed and I was severely cut. I had recs, awesome grades, and I had connections. Have fun at rush but beware, I felt I was cut because of my race and I’m truly disappointed.

By: Pickle juice

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: ^   

Lots of white girls are severely cut every single year with recs, grades, and connections. Looks like you are right there with all of them.

By: ^
by: But...   

Did you stick it out? Make it to pref? Give the groups that did invite you back a chance?

By: But...
#4by:    

Honestly if a house cuts you because of your race, they aren’t a sisterhood you want to be a part of. That being said, check out each sorority’s (and panhellenic’s) social media and you’ll see plenty of girls who aren’t just white!

But for real, rush isn’t easy no matter what your background or connections are. The best advice I could give you is to be yourself and let your personality show because sorority girls are looking for PNMs who have potential to be sisters, not just a skinny blonde mannequin to wear their letters.

But good luck with everything no matter what you decided about rush or UGA!

By: Good luck!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.