facebook

family in houses

by:    

During pref I was invited back to the only 2 houses I had family in. All week I didn't feel like I connected with the girls at all and it was awkward af so I'd always rank them low. I fell in love with other houses but I found out they dropped me after round 3. So I was pretty devastated and dropped. I'm not sure if I'm looking into this too much but did those 2 houses only invite me back because of the family ties??? or does that not even matter at all.

Posted By: !!
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

No way to know for sure. You do get bonus points in most houses for being a legacy, more if you’re an in-house legacy, even more if you’re a sitting in-house legacy but there are tons and tons of legacies who get cut by their legacy chapters. If they truly felt you weren’t a good fit they wouldn’t have invited you to pref, because for most (again not all) chapters that automatically puts you on their first bid list so they have to really like you.

By: Info
#2by:    

It's more likely that other houses released you because they assumed you would go to one of your legacy houses. Try to see if you can get a COB.

By: It's not you

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: cobs   

how do you try to see if you can get a COB? Don't they have to give it to you?

By: cobs
by: ^   

Tell panhellenic you are interested so houses will know you are available for a bid.

By: ^
by: cob   

rememebr- if you signed your MRABA after pref and were given a bid to one of those houses you cannot COB until after next year's rush. If you did get a bid, give it some time. You do not have to initiate, and you may feel differently after getting to know your pledge class and more sisters.

Also, there are no assumptions you can make about why you were invted back and why you were dropped by certain houses. It may be your legacy status, but it also could be that the other houses weren't feeling a connection while your legacy houses really liked you and really wanted you to be a member. Remember - for the vast majority of PNMs (like all of them really) it is the chapters that do the cutting, not the PNM, that's why you just rank, not cut.

By: cob
#3by:    

Did you list a chapter on your pref card? If so, and you received a bid, you're stuck with only them for the next year. Go try it out.

By: Dude

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.