facebook

uga snap bids and cob

by:    

Anybody heard any news about snap bids and how long after bid day does COB go on?

Posted By: UGA
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

COB can go on ad infinitum. If a sorority falls below quota they can cob until they reach quota. If they fall below chapter total, they can cob until they reach chapter total.

Snap bidding commences when chapters find out they did not make quota.

By: SB COB
by: q   

when will most chapters know they didn’t meet quota?

By: q
by: ^   

After bid matching.

By: ^
#2by:    

You won't hear anything about snap bids unless you are offered one. They are kept on the dl and girls who get them go to bid day with everyone else.

By: Snaps
#3by:    

Is it true that we only really get snaps from houses that we attended on pref? How likely is it to be picked up on COB by a house that we didn’t attend a pref day party for? Is there any chance that a house that we suicided and were dropped from would make a bid for us through COB or can we assume that since we were dropped they aren’t interested in us at all ever?

By: Snap
by: Guest   

If you haven't received a call by now, you're not getting a snap bid.

By: Guest
by: um   

You can still get a cob in the next few days. I know a girl that got one from the house she suicided a few days after bid day.

By: um
by: cob   

if a chapter needs to take COB to make quota, they can pick up anyone over the next few days who did not receive a bid or dropped out before pref.

snap bids are done at the same time a normal bid matching so you would receive a bid at 6 like everyone else. I believe a PNM can be offered a snap bid to a chapter she was released from/she released earlier in the week. Because you didn't sign an MRABA, you will be asked if you accept the bid and would know by now.

By: cob
by: Snaps and COB   

If you attend pref round you are not eligible for a snap bid. If you sign your MRABA card and don't accept that bid, or accept and then drop, you are not eligible for any bid until next fall's formal recruitment. If you suicide and don't get that house, you were on their bid list but too low to be matched, so it's not like they actually dropped you. So yes, there is a very small chance they would offer you a COB, but this is very rare and not a good strategy at all.

Snap Bid: Offered by a house before bid day if the house didn't make quota through bid matching after pref. Only PNM's who did not attend the pref round are eligible for a snap bid. Snap bids are RARE and no PNM should count on one.
COB: After bid day, houses that still didn't make quota, or that are under chapter total, may offer bids through COB. COB bids are not all that common either, so PNM's should not consider this as a viable alternative. Houses offer these bids to girls who dropped them or dropped out of recruitment, or who didn't go through recruitment at all. They almost never offer a bid to a girl they previously released. Therefore, dropping out of recruitment because you don't like your choices will not yield you any other choices than you had at pref.

By: Snaps and COB
by: Accurate   

Snaps and COB above is completely right. Snaps are rare now that UGA uses RFM (Release Figure Method) to tell each chapter how many women to invite back each round to reach quota. It looks at historic return rates for houses and how well they're ranking during recruitment to give them a number. Snaps usually go to women to dropped out before pref but got through round 3. I suspect DPhiE and Alpha Phi will COB this year since they are new and slightly below total at the end of Spring, but I don't think you will see a lot of other chapters with a lot of many spots to fill (and they will probably handpick women to extend bids rather than open invitation events).

By: Accurate
#4by:    

I received a snap bid to a house that invited me to pref. I suicided and got dropped by the house I really connected with and wanted. Now I don’t know what to do. I truly didn’t connect with the house that offered the snap and I also worry that they only snapped me to make quota (basically for financial reasons) which isn’t a great feeling. I didn’t want to be there and I don’t think they truly want me either. What would you guys do? I need advice. :(

By: ??
by: .   

The same thing just happened to me I just got a snap bid to a house that I genuinely wasn’t unable to form a connection, which is a dissapointing because there was another house I wasn’t hoping to get a snap bid from

By: .
by: Snaps   

Every chapter has over 200 women, and you likely only met a 20 or so of them during rush. There are so many more you might feel connected with, including the 60+ that will be in your pledge class. If you want to go greek, I'd encourage you to give it a shot and take the bid you were offered. You can always drop if they're truly not a fit midway through the semester.

By: Snaps
by: Take the bid   

Take that bid! This is a second chance, a RARE second chance, to join the house who WANTS YOU TO BE THEIR SISTER! If they invited you to pref, you were already on their bid list, so you are reading something negative into this that isn't there. They obviously wanted you then and were disappointed that they didn't get you, but they still want you now. If you ask me, it's a sign that you are meant to be there. If it truly doesn't work out you can drop before initiation and try again next fall. Give it a shot with a full heart.

By: Take the bid
by: @?? And .   

Unless these houses offering you snap bids are like 50+ members under total, I don’t see any chapter just offering a bid to a girl for financial reasons. No House is teetering on such a thin line of financial security to offer a bid to just anyone. There were girls, however few, who were completely dropped from recruitment. Be grateful that any house saw you as a future sister, because some don’t get that chance. Some girls would be ecstatic to have the rare chance you face.

By: @?? And .
#5by:    

Does anyone know if anyone has gotten a snap bid from Alpha Phi or whether they will do COB? I fell in love w their sorority during round 1 and got dropped at pref, which was so dissapointing

By: Alpha phi
by: lol   

Alpha Phi trying to hype themselves up to seem desirable

By: lol
by: Alpha phi   

Actually I was genuinely wondering if someone got a snap bid from them. No need to be rude.

By: Alpha phi
by: Haha   

Try to be more subtle with your self promotion. We see you alpha phi

By: Haha
by: I know   

Yes, I do know someone who was offered a snap from Alpha Phi. She attended them first invitational but ranked them low enough she did not have to go back later in the following rounds. She did not accept the bid because she wanted to see who else was going to COB and knows if Alpha Phi is offering snaps, then they will COB.

By: I know
by: @i know   

I don’t doubt that your friend got offered a snap but, but I will say that just because a chapter offers snapcbids doesn’t mean they’ll COB. They very well could find someone else to accept that snap and make quota. That being said, if APhi makes quota and is still below total they can choose to COB and I anticipate they will if that’s the case. But those two things don’t always correlate.

By: @i know
by: ^^   

My friend received a phone call from Panhellenic asking if she would accept a snap bid from Alpha Phi. I can assure you she knows what a snap bid is. She dropped once she received her pref invitations, she knew this was a possibility. It's not like she was mean about it, she just wants to weigh her options.

Also, any chapter that is below campus total will most likely COB. So there will be a few chapters offering COB but it will be like one or two people and they will try to offer those bids this week and get them in the pledge class before the weekend's retreats.

By: ^^
#6by:    

If a house makes quota they cannot snap bid. They can COB if they are under total from either being new or from having less numbers for whatever reason. If you receive a COB that means you have probably been handpicked by a group that did well in rush AND made their quota but wants to add you too and didn't previously know you were available. Not because they are desperate. Take it as a compliment. They would rather have an awesome girl than the money. Its an opportunity to rethink that house you didn't give a chance to because you were so fixated on the one who dropped you or because you were lost in the maze. Lots of really amazing girls got dropped for lots of reasons. COBs are really nice offers.

By: If
by: ^   

Yeah but today right now it's snap bids. COB can't be until after bid day.

By: ^
#7by:    

If you Do NOT feel a connection give it at least a year!! It took me quite a few months, till I felt the LOVE with my Sisters in House! Now I so glad that I stayed! If after a year you still are not happy then Drop.

By: Ladies
#8by:    

is dg going to do COB?

By: ///
by: COB   

Doubtful, but no one really knows until House Total is recalculated later in the week.

By: COB
by: Hi    

They met quota so I doubt it. I think they usually like to take a few girls in the spring to replace their December graduates though

By: Hi
#9by:    

for COBS do they have to contact you? or can you reach out to panhellenic

By: question
by: COB   

Both. Houses that only have a few spots to fill will do it low key and personally reach out to a few girls. Contact panhellenic immediately and tell them you are interested, but also try to find out which houses have a few spots after chapter total is established in the next week or so and reach out to them yourself..

By: COB
#10by:    

Typically how long does COB go on?

By: rush

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.