facebook

numbers

by:    

Does anyone know how many girls signed up for rush and how many girls each sorority invites back after round 1, round 2, round 3? Thanks for the information.

Posted By: shorty
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Just stop

By: ...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: ...   

See below for why the comment was made...smh

#2by:    

Why? Legit question. Can we ask question in this ridiculous forum?

By: shorty
#3by:    

Someone on here said over 1,720 signed up for recruitment and over 1,000 are cut after round 1. Round 1 has heaviest cuts. That is what I was told.

By: ABC
by: @abc   

idk who told you round 1 has the heaviest cuts, but that kind of depends on the houses. I know for my house we do our heaviest cuts right before pref because anyone invited to pref ends up somewhere on the bid list and you want to get them off if you definitely can't see them in your house.

By: @abc
by: ^   

No, it doesn't work like that. This person has no clue what RFM is. ANd don't believe someone commenting about "my house" right in the middle of a recruitment day.

By: ^
by: panhel   

they might be a troll from another school, but I know for a fact that my own sorority makes our toughest cuts this way. first round (without getting too much into MS) is the usual grades + recs + reps and any standouts, and right before pref we spend hours and hours debating PNMs because we know that if you invite them you can't be on the fence about them since there's a chance they'll be on your list on bid day. then again that's why every chapter's selection is a secret ritual because what I say is true for my house could sound like the total opposite for your house so there's no way to make some blanket statement like "it doesn't work like that" or "all houses cut hardest after x round."

By: panhel

You are still talking out of ignorance, or trolldom. RFM does not allow sororities to be in a position to make disproportionately large cuts before pref, for a variety of reasons, and membership selection is hardly a 'ritual' for god's sake.

by: Lol   

Idk why y’all are fighting. So one house takes a harder look at PNMs on one day vs another they’re not saying they ignore RFM just they get tougher on girls. I get it. No need to get peeved. And who knows, maybe they’re an active who isn’t recruiting because they’re traveling or on Panhel or something.

&fwiw I don’t know a single house that doesn’t consider membership selection secret. At the risk of getting called out for “trolldom,” i’ll Say my house has a way of voting I know is unlike my sister’s house (tho we both keep specifics a secret). No reason to get mad just because your house does it different.

By: Lol
by: Alumna   

Simmer down. Nobody's getting peeved, but there IS a lot of rumor and scare-mongering out there, not to mention actual members who simply get their facts wrong. Getting tougher in the selection process as the rounds progress and taking the hardest look at pnm's right before pref is something that every sorority has in common, but that is not nearly the same thing as carrying a higher number of girls along in order to make the heaviest cuts right before pref. That is definitely not RFM. And yes, every sorority's membership selection method is private and undisclosed, but being secret does not make it a "ritual." Two different things entirely.

By: Alumna
#4by:    

Okay, concerned moms on here, don't listen to rumor or what you "were told." Here's how it works: Each sorority's invitation numbers are unique to that house and are calculated by panhellenic, not the houses. They vary based on historical percentages called RFM, applied to the number of PNM's participating from round to round. Some houses must cut deeply after round one, others do not, but all houses make their grade releases after round one. These numbers are not published, and the actives don't even know what they are because only the recruitment team in each house knows the numbers each round and for their house only. Don't worry about it!

By: Alumna
by: Shorty   

Thank you for the explanation. Just trying to figure out how it all works.

By: Shorty

The number is also dependent on how PNMs rank the sorority each round. It's a complex equation and no one in the sororities or PNMs will know the number. It's out of your control as a PNM, so no sense in worrying about it.

#5by:    

WAY too many, there’s gonna be a lot of broken hearts

By: ugh

Some internet strangers get a kick out of coming on here trying to intimidate and scare college kids. I will never understand it.

#6by:    

Good to know!

By: LOL
#7by:    

Actual numbers from 2016 and 2017 recruitment can be found in the panhell parent info packet online (page 16). It's far from true that 1000 girls are cut after the first round. If you actually look at the breakdown of statistics, only 0.1% of pnms are released, with 16% voluntarily withdrawing. Each individual house is unique in their selections, trust the process.

greeklife.uga.edu/uploads/docs/UGA_Panhel_Parent_Packet_2 018_for_web.pdf

By: hope this helps
by: No   

There is a significantly higher amount of pnms released than 0.1% unfortunately, even with the recent addition of Dphie and aphi. But I don’t see this as a problem, because sororities shouldn’t be obligated to take any girl if there are grade risks or reputation risks present due to the PNM

By: No
by: Nope   

The 0.1% is the number released after pref round (it’s a tough process to actually cut someone after pref since if one house complains to Panhellenic about a pnm, they’ll just put her as a quota addiction at the other house she prefed at if she wouldn’t have matched with them anyways.) so that 0.1% is mostly situations where a PNM only gets invited to pref at one house, they find out she has a felony charge or she says something really bad at pref round or something, so the sorority actually has to make a case for why she is unfit to be a member of their chapter.

Other than that, if you’re going to be released, it will be before pref round, and that number is not published, but is realistically estimated to be 4-7% of PNMs based on the year.

By: Nope
by: numbers (?)   

If you look at that chart, it lists that in 2017 1707 girls went through recruitment, 1347 pledged, 280 withdrew throughout the week, 13 were released/not invited back anywhere during the week, and 66 girls were not matched following pref round.

I thought 1347 seemed like a huge number of pledges, but that averages to a PC of about 70. I know of PC's ranging from 50 to 80 girls, so it probably all evens out.

Don't know if these numbers are 100% accurate, but they seem reasonable/a possibly useful estimate? I'd hope numbers published by the panhellenic would be accurate, but honestly we can't say that we know for sure

By: numbers (?)
by: WOW   

All this just goes to show that NOTHING is black and white in rush. Some chapters consider MSS ritual, some don’t. Neither is right or wrong, just clearly two different chapters doing it differently and both keeping it secret to some degree. Some chapters get told by RFM to cut x number after first round and y number right before pref, but that number is different for every other chapter. Again, just because your chapter does something different or uses different terminology doesn’t mean anyone’s lying or deliberately trying till spread fake news. THATS a PRIME reason why PNMs should stay the hell off this site and ask their gamma chis any questions instead of expecting a straightforward answer on gr.

By: WOW
#8by:    

How in the heck does UGA have grade risks?!? The incoming freshman was over a 4.0 gpa. What are bad grades — 3.50 gpa? Jeez. I can see this for upper class students going thru recruitment, but not freshman.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.