facebook

question

by:    

I hear so many stories of girls recounting their rush experience and saying, "I had a really great time at ABC, the girls were so friendly and I felt like the conversation went well. We had so much to talk about! I have a good feeling about this sorority." However, many times these girls end up getting cut the next round. What is the reason for this? Rather than taking it as a personal blow, is it simply that sorority ABC just didn't like this girl as much as they loved some other girls? Or is there a perception issue on the PNMs' part?

Posted By: question
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

It could be a myriad of things:

1) If a person is raised properly, then she will know how to make a visitor feel welcomed into her home. This politeness and gentility might be misconstrued by a nervous PNM as having hit a home run with the sorority, when if fact each PNM that visited the house was treated the same way and all were made to feel welcome.

2) Maybe the PNM didn't have a recommendation to that chapter

3) Maybe her GPA doesn't meet that chapters requirements

4)Maybe that chapter has a lot of legacies that have to be invited back

5) The list could go on and on and would be as individual as each PNM. I hope this gives you an idea of what factors may effect a PNM's chances of receiving a return invitation.

By: Answer
#2by:    

I agree with the person above on the politeness part! That is definitely a huge factor. I do disagree with the recs/alumni/gpa reasons though, as they don’t really apply to UGA. Recs and alumni aren’t really a thing anymore, and if you have the GPA to get into UGA, then you meet the requirements for the UGA sororities.

As someone who has been on the other side (an active member), I remember how hard this was during recruitment, but I understand the process sooo much more now! I have heard 6271819 conversations behind the scenes about how an active member will really like a pnm and how they had a great conversation, but they do not feel like they would thrive in the sorority. A lot of the time, the active member will say something like, “she was so sweet and we had a good conversation, but I see her fitting in better at Phi Mu.” Meaning, it is truly not personal! The girl you talked to might have loved you but also recognized that you wouldn’t fit into the sorority as a whole. She knew it would be a disservice to make you a part of the sorority. I would say this is the case of surprise drops 90% of the time

By: UGA person
#3by:    

the truth is that 80% of the decision making and rankings are made before rush even starts and to actually move in your rank you have to be AMAZING or HORRIBLE

By: truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: How?   

How are you ranked before rush if you don’t know people in the chapter

By: How?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.