facebook

advice?

by:    

Every post I see on here everyone warns pnms to stay away...but I'm wondering what advice does everyone have for a pnm rushing in a few weeks?? I know everyones first thought will be to say "be yourself" but are there any other tips/tricks that will help make rush go as smooth as possible? anything a lot of girls don't think about doing? just trying to prepare myself and appreciate all the help I can get :)

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Sudafed tabs

By: CC
by: tru    

omg so tru the rush flu is so real ladies

By: tru
#2by:    

Bump

By: Yes!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Bump

By: Yes!
#4by:    

Throat lozenges...lots of girls lose their voices from talking so much.

By: Yep
by: Yep   

Also water. Drink soooo much water. When the day is over, catch up on drinking water. Vitamin C and zinc help too. You’ll make a much better impression on all the houses if you don’t look and sound like death and aren’t coughing/puking on everyone!

By: Yep
#5by:    

Besides tips about water and heat and stuff, when I'm rushing a girl, what really stands out to me is when a girl is genuinely positive and excited about the rush experience. When I ask girls how they're feeling about rush, I'm going to hear the answers "I'm nervous"/"I'm overwhelmed"/"it's stressful" 13837 times... and while what they're saying is their honest truth, when a girl says something like "this is a really unique experience and I'm having so much fun talking to everyone" it really stands out in my mind and makes me remember her.

By: Just my two cents
#6by:    

From a senior who has rushed girls for two years, the best thing you can do is try and move your conversation past meaningless small talk as quickly as possible. If the girl rushing you is asking questions like "What dorm are you living in?" or "Where are you from", try to elaborate on your answer past what she would expect to hear. And ask questions too!! Seriously, I always remember girls who even just ask how I'm doing. You would be surprised by how few actually do. Even though a few minutes of talking to a girl isn't a long time to get to know her, you would be surprised how deep a 5 minute conversation gets if you just make yourself open up.

By: rusher

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.