facebook

what would cause s girl not to be invited back?

by:    

So my cousin goes to Texas and she got cut from all houses during rush and I am terrified the same thing will happen to me.

What are some things that could cause every chapter to cut you?

Posted By: Go dawgs
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Reputation, grades and ur IG. Make sure you have clean social media.

By: Being real
#2by:    

The above advice is good. Definitely recommend not acting snobby or rude towards some of the lower tier chapters.

I think some girls kinda brush off the lower tiers early and then they found themselves cut by upper tiers sine it's so competitive and then they're stuck without a bid.

Be open minded and give the lower tiers a chance. Chances are, if you're cut from higher tier houses you won't get a bid later on even if you re-rush since a lot of houses have a cut once, cut always policy. If you end up not liking it after bid day then drop but realize the lower tier houses are some too

By: also
by: Dawg   

Which houses have a once cut always cut policy?

By: Dawg
by: ^   

You are not going to get that answer on here, just hearsay. You can't do anything about any chapter's decision to cut someone, whether you are going through again or for the first time, so just worry about what you do have control over - you.

By: ^
by: Yo   

Most houses don’t have a formal policy stating once cut, always cut. It’s more of an unspoken rule that pretty much all chapters follow the majority of them time.

There’s also a huge difference between a sorority cutting you because they have to make big cuts early on and you just didn’t stand out vs a sorority cutting you because they specifically didn’t like you and 5 girls complained about you to their recruitment director. If the sorority didn’t have a real reason for cutting you, they’d probably give you fair consideration later on. The problem is, you’ll never know a sorority’s reasons for cuttings you, so you can’t assume they’d give you another chance the next year.

By: Yo
by: ^^^   

Sorority women DO make and keep friends/study buddies with students outside of the small throng who wear greek letters. If you never end up joining, you might still become/remain friendly.

By: ^^^
by: Just sayin    

^^^ You sound like a mom........

By: Just sayin
#3by:    

You honestly could've just slipped through the cracks. When there's so many girls going through rush every year and with so many girls you can invite back, if you don't stand out where the girl that you were talking to can't really remember much about you, unfortunately, you get put to the bottom of the list. It sucks because you can't really get to know someone in the short period of time you have, but there are ways to make yourself stand out through conversation.
Try to find a common ground with the girl you're talking to give her more chances of remembering your convo over the 18 other ones that she is having

By: um
#4by:    

It’s rare to get cut from every house. What ends up happening to most girls that don’t make it through to bid day I’d they end up with houses they don’t completely love within the last few rounds and they choose to withdraw from recruitment. I would suggest always sticking it out until the end of preference and then deciding if you want to drop. You can always rush again as long as you don’t get initiated into a sorority. Best of luck to all PNMs! Remember to keep your options open no matter what you think you know or hear throughout the week.

By: Uga

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.