facebook

sorority recommendation letters

by:    

I am an incoming freshman pnm (I know, I shouldn't listen to greek rank gossip I just have a question) How much do sororities value recommendation letters? Do all sororities require them? Is it necessary to try to get more than one for each house?

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Recommendation letters are not required for recruitment, however, they can only help you through the process. Recommendation letters allow the sororities to know that you are interested in them by giving them information before formal recruitment begins, like your resume, headshot etc. Only one is really needed for each house, but again if you have more than one for a particular house, it cant hurt. So to answer your question, sororities do not "value" recommendations in the sense that it doesn't determine whether you get a bid or not. It just helps to put your name and face out there to better your chances! Hope this helps :)

By: Janice
#2by:    

Straight talk from a former director of recruitment. You need to try and get a rec from every sorority. I don't think you need more than one (your time is better spent hunting down alumnae for chapters where you don't have a rec at all), but lack of recs (along with low HS grades) is one of the easiest reasons for a sorority to release you after first round. Get your recs!

By: Recs

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.