facebook

old row?

by:    

Hey y’all. I’m a senior in HS and I had a question about sorority rush. It has always been a dream of mine to get into a sorority in the old row and I was wondering how I would get a bid for one of those houses. I’m not tying to bash any sorority (I mean I’m only in HS, all of the girls are already cooler than me), but old row is old row, you know?

Posted By: Class of 2018
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

no one here cares about “old row” besides freshmen that are in an old row fraternity or sorority

By: ..
#2by:    

Wow it looks like the two people who posted were made by girls who wish they could be in old row but didn’t get bids. That’s sad for y’all but this is genuine question that I have, because Greek life at UGA would be nothing without old row. Old row > any other sorority. That’s just facts

By: Op
by: ..   

yikes

By: ..
by: OMG   

This is a troll. Don’t take this seriously. Please.

By: OMG
#3by:    

Good luck getting a bid to any house, you sound like a terrible person

By: Lmfao
#4by:    

Old Row is just Old Row because they're the 5 five sorority houses to be built on milledge. (Chi Omega, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Kappa Alpha Theta, Alpha Delta Pi and Phi Mu)
Honestly, all sororities at UGA are amazing. All of the girls are super nice and incredibly friendly. When you rush fall 2k18, just be grateful that you got a bid from anyone of UGA's amazing sororities

By: haha

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Roll Tide   

^^^Old Row is a term stolen from Alabama. It means nothing here at UGA. Has nothing to do with 5 oldest chapters or houses on Milledge. Just a bunch of sorority women that think too highly of themselves and trying to separate themselves from the other sororities on campus. Think high school all over again with the Basics but with Greek letters.

By: Roll Tide
by: Lies    

Lol y’all need to read up, old row is a thing here, but was not chosen due to the houses being the oldest on campus, the oldest sororities here or any other reason other than someone just made it up one day...if someone can legit tell me why it was created lmk

By: Lies
by: @lies   

I mean, clearly it is a thing to some people otherwise it wouldn't be posted on here every couple of days, but it also doesn't seem to be stemming from any local origin like at Alabama, which makes me think it's just a group of members from those particular houses who got together decades ago and said "hey wouldn't it be cool if we had a group that was just us, no girls from the other chapters?" and started it that way. It's not based on anything else from what I can see so it's safe to assume it was just something copied from Alabama. Doesn't make those chapters cooler, better, older, richer, more connected, or anything. They're great on their own, no need to put a random label on it.

By: @lies
#5by:    

There is No Old Row here you "geedies" stop trolling already

By: Yawn
by: Well   

You’re the one who pulled up this old post........ you’re a troll.

By: Well

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.