facebook

real so called "tiers" of uga sororities

by:    

Top(alphabetical):
AOPI, DDD, KD, Theta, ZTA

Almost Top: (many have fallen with new pledge class)
Chi O, Kappa, Phi Mu, Sigma Kappa

Middle:
AXO, Pi Phi

Bottom:
Gamma Phi, DZ,

Do they exists?: AGD DG SDT

Really anything thats not ADG DG and SDT are good its all personal preference like even among top tier each one has its own distinct personality. Really just rushing to find the place you love. And if thats AGD don't hesitate pledge!

Posted By: third party
Page 2 of 6
#11by:    

Old row at UGA is ADPi, Phi Mu, Chi O, Theta, and Kappa.

By: Third partay
by: Same'Ole   

Here We Go Again! Please refer to previous comments 3-5.

By: Same'Ole
by: WTF   

It is not. If it's going by local founding date, then Alpha Gam, KD, Tri Delt, and AOPi ALL come before Theta and Alpha Chi, Pi Phi, and Sig Delt come before Kappa IN ADDITION to the ones previously mentioned.

By: WTF
#12by:    

There are many really good sororities with great sisterhoods at UGA. Some listed as Top or Old Row have had to snap bid to reach quota over the last few years and yet I am sure these sororities are happy with their new sisters even though they cut these girls in earlier rounds. Best choice ... Rush and enjoy the sisterhood!

By: Really...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#13by:    

Oh one more thing... If you are rushing, clean up your Facebook and twitter accounts. Things you think are cute in high school may make you look really weird to 20-21 year olds. Post pretty pictures. It may seem shallow but know the houses have checked out your pictures and posts and made a judgement about you.

By: Really...
by: Bigsis   

No, DON'T clean up your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram. We want to see the real you. Don't worry if you're showing a little too much skin or have beer cans and joints in your hands. We want girls who are chill and can shoot a beer and toke a smoke.

By: Bigsis
#14by:    

The ratings on here are messed up and many years out of date. PNMs might wonder why. After reading all the comments I realize it is because there are people making these lists that have children going to school at UGA. I guess they're trying to influence people that their old house is still good. Anyway, just thought you'd like to know.

By: Messed up
#15by:    

There are only certain sororities that get socials with all the top fraternities during the year. They are ADPi, Phi Mu, Chi O, Theta, and Kappa. Some of the other sororities such as Zeta, Tri Delt, and KD also have some socials with the top frats, but not consistently like the first ones named.

By: That's a fact, Jack
by: I have noticed   

that ADPi gets the very best social schedule every year.

By: I have noticed
#16by:    

Careful what you believe and value when you decide to "ranK" a fraternity or sorority. Has your opinion been influenced by a rumor or misperception? Think about the people you value in your life and the qualities they possess and base your "ranking" on those qualities: kindness, compassion, fun, involved, giving, friendly, loyal...not on superficial things

By: UGA987
#17by:    

It seems some of the "top tier" must be worried about rush this year. If you are ssooo great, why do you have to talk down the other Greeks? The PNMs visit every house. They aren't stupid so they can figure out who they like best. And no I am not one a sister at one of the bottom tier houses. I just can't believe how immature and high school these rankings are. Truly pathetic!

By: Emma
#18by:    

Top: chi o, adpi, Kat, phi mu, kappa

Mid: kd, tri delt, zta, axo, aop

Low mid: sk, pi phi, gpb, dz

Bottom: agd, sdt, dg

By: Rank
#19by:    

^ Maybe five or six years ago. As uga has gotten more selective, most houses have become very strong. I'd go as far to say that you cant tell a middle tier girl from an upper tier girl based on looks and personality alone. The lower girls still lag behind, but the trend is going upward.

1: chi o, kd, kappa, theta
2: ddd, zeta, phi mu, adpi
3: axo, sk, pi phi, aopi
4: gphi, dz, sdt
5: agd,dg

By: meh
by: almost   

close, but chi o and kd could be lower and sk and aopi could be higher up

By: almost
by: Guest   

NO one would put KD in the top group.

By: Guest
by: uh   

chi o and kd should be lower and aopi should be higher.

By: uh
by: Huh?   

In what world would you consider SDT above any of the others? They are all frizzy-haired freaks.

By: Huh?
by: Uhh   

Gamma phi should definitely be higher...especially with the new PC

By: Uhh
by: Ash   

Correct

By: Ash
by: whatevs   

SDT shouldn't even be considered in a tier. They're like their own thing that has members that could fit anywhere from 2-5

By: whatevs
#20by:    

Totally disagree about the ranking of Gamma Phi. This sorority has had strong pledge classes the past couple of years. This year's pledge class has that all-American pretty girl look. Also, I know quite a few sisters that come from families with money, but don't flaunt it. Gamma Phis are low key, do not want any of the typical sorority drama, and just want to have fun.

As for all of the other sororities at UGA, I think they all have pretty and nice girls too. Some sororities that were strong in the past have run out of energy or their cattiness has turned people off. Other sororities have grown in popularity because they treat each other with respect and give off a better vibe.

By: ATL 1
by: aw   

gamma phis have underbites and lazy eyes

boom roasted

By: aw
by: @above   

What unfortunate comments these are to see on any website, but especially the UGA sorority website. I agree that the Gamma Phis are an overlooked house and have had several strong classes in a row. They're not the only progressive house -- others have African Americans in their house as well. Which is good since it's the 21st century! At least UGA doesn't have the horrible reputation that has plagued Bama this year.

By: @above

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.