facebook

real so called "tiers" of uga sororities

by:    

Top(alphabetical):
AOPI, DDD, KD, Theta, ZTA

Almost Top: (many have fallen with new pledge class)
Chi O, Kappa, Phi Mu, Sigma Kappa

Middle:
AXO, Pi Phi

Bottom:
Gamma Phi, DZ,

Do they exists?: AGD DG SDT

Really anything thats not ADG DG and SDT are good its all personal preference like even among top tier each one has its own distinct personality. Really just rushing to find the place you love. And if thats AGD don't hesitate pledge!

Posted By: third party
Page 1 of 6
#1by:    

adpi is tops too, cant forget them

By: dude
by: Please note...   

that the original post is not only ancient, but the "rankings" were ridiculously inaccurate even at the time it was originally posted. Someone bumped it because their house was listed higher than it should have been, and they wanted that seen by all of their new girls. Plain and simple manipulation of social media.
Any time you see these silly rankings, you have to keep in mind that NOBODY comes on social media to post them as a public service. The poster always has an agenda. They're either trying to disguise a bad rush by high ranking their own house, or jealously trying weaken another by ranking them lower than they ought to be. Honestly, this stuff is done by just a handful of petty girls, and 99% of us just don't care what house you're in. In real life, we all get along and support each other.
UGA has become a very competitive school, and sorority rush here attracts a large pool of beautiful, smart, and very accomplished women. With so many awesome women coming through, every house is a winner during recruitment. So, just relax and enjoy bid day, ladies. Wherever you are tonight is the place to be! I promise.

By: Please note...
by: Carol   

Top tier on campus at UGA in no particular order is:
ADPi
Phi-Mu
Theta
Kappa
Chi-O
The first 5 sororities ever created, making them "old row" are:
ADPi
Phi-Mu
Pi-Phi
Theta
Kappa
and old row on campus is:
Chi-O
AGD
SDT
Phi-Mu
KD
For some reason the sorority girls on campus switched Pi-Phi for Chi-O at tops, idk why, but those are the true rankings here.

By: Carol
by: Sammy M   

Top or "old row" (in no particular order):
ADPi, Kappa, Theta, Phi-Mu, Chi-O

Almost Top:
AOPI, DDD, KD, ZTA

Middle:
AXO, Pi Phi, SK, Gamma-Phi, DZ

Bottom:
AGD DG SDT

But honestly just follow your heart and you'll figure out where you belong!! It's better to be in a sorority you love than one you think is "the best"!

By: Sammy M
by: Stop   

Can people please stop bumping this post as it is from over 2 years ago, it wasn't accurate then, it is even less accurate now, and there are way more relevant posts on this site!

By: Stop
#2by:    

the good ones are all old row which means the best sororities in no particular order are ADPi, Theta, Kappa, Chi O and Phi Mu. KD is not top tier but they are the closest to top tier. AOPI, DDD, Zeta, and Sigma Kappa are all in the middle. Then it is Pi Phi, Gamma Phi, DZ and AGD. SDT and DG are at the very bottom.
The good fraternities are KA, Chi Phi, SAE and Sigma Chi. Fiji is similar to KD in the fact that they're not top tier but they are still very good. ATO, AGR, AEPi and Sig Ep are all 2nd tier. The rest are random.
SO top sorority: ADPi, Theta, Kappa, Chi O and Phi Mu
to fraternities: KA, Chi Phi, SAE and Sigma Chi

By: ugasorority

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Third partay   

Agree!!

By: Third partay
by: Well   

I think the old/new row stuff is irrelevant at this point.

By: Well
by: uga alum   

I have to laugh at this Old Row crap. I just will not go away. No matter how far those "top 5" slip, they keep being referred to as the best. All I can tell a freshman is that if you pick your house based on the Old Row thing, you are going to be sorely disappointed. In the real world today, only 2 of those 5 would be considered among the best.

By: uga alum
by: Old Row ... if true   

AGD is the third oldest sorority at UGA so saying the "good ones are all old row' means your ranking is all wrong. Theta, Kappa and ADPi have been around for nearly 80 years at UGA, but that doesn't make them old row. It seems like someone is so insecure that they are trying to create a history that doesn't exist. Want to be a great sorority... focus on recruiting great girls and creating a great sisterhood today.

By: Old Row ... if true
by: Experience   

You're right KD is not technically suppose to be top tier but they're for sure better than chi o and just as good as the other top tiers so the fact that it's not old row is irrelevant

By: Experience
by: lydia purcel   

this is so TRU

By: lydia purcel
by: lydia purcel   

this is so TRU

By: lydia purcel
by: Alice   

100% right

By: Alice
#3by:    

i dont think its by old and new row KD is way better thank ADPi Chi O. Only in old row do you think your the best. the rest of the greek community bases it off of the actual sorority. Because really if you were going by new and old dz and dg would be in there....

By: old row is gone
#4by:    

who decided old and new row?
It can't be location because dz and gg would be old row.
It can't be actual age of founding at UGA
It can't be age of founding in general
Its not best nationally ranked.
Its not sorority or fraternities with the highest dues. Over rush I hear girls drop tri delt because of their dues.
Its not wealthiest sororities because AOPi and KD would top that. I know those girls are trust babies.
Its not looks because again KD AOPi DDD are all hot sororities compared to like ADPi? or Chi o?

so if someone really knows why someone gets to be considered old and new row let me know.

By: i dont get it?
by: Old Row   

Is a designation that was completely ripped off from Bama. There's no such thing as Old Row at UGA.

By: Old Row
by: Really   

the only original campus founding date, having a house on a physical old row, being among the first group to build houses, or longest continuous run to date on campus make sense. Except for Bama most schools are either just pretending they have an old row, or like Auburn totally forgot what houses were originally old row and just turned it into whatever the top houses of the moment are. Most of the time it's a pointless distinction. National founding dat wouldn't be reasonable because a really old national fraternity could found a chapter on a campus tomorrow and be old row, and national ranks wouldn't either because they're subjective and tend to be somewhat regional.

By: Really
by: @Really   

it's not really going by local founding date though. it's just retarded.

By: @Really
by: Carol   

Dude, okay so "old row" nationally is
ADPi
Phi-Mu
Pi-Phi
Theta
Kappa
and old row on campus is
Chi-O
AGD
SDT
Phi-Mu
KD
UGA ranks the tops as "old row" nationally except they for some reason switch Pi-Phi for Chi-O because the girls are more fun i guess. thats just how it goes.
XOXO

By: Carol
by: Hannah   

If you turn off Broad and go to where Milledge intersects with Baxter, those are old row houses on the right (except DG)

By: Hannah
by: ha   

ddd's due are more expensive than others.... chi o is pretty cheap comparing the two

By: ha
#5by:    

Nothing against these sororities, just agree there is no such thing as Old Row at UGA. Possibly they designated themselves as such. It may be hard convincing this to the ones that think they are Old Row, because it is one of the first things their pledges start referring to.

By: Agree
#6by:    

I think dg is above agd and sdt is not one to be written off. they just can't really be compared. i know a lot of girls from freshman pledge classes in dg and agd and the i like dg's better... not saying agd is bad though

By: personally
by: REALLY??   

Um have you seen AGD's house?? Not to mention their girls are wayyy better as well. LOL you must be a DG. Oh and I'm not even in a sorority so you can't call me biased.

By: REALLY??
by: Lol nah   

Everyone knows DG is dead last. Sorry.

By: Lol nah
by: adpi   

tbh they're both so bad. they makes my eyes burn

By: adpi
by: girl   

SDT is hard to judge because their criteria is different. AGD is a solid PC this year but I think in the past DG > AGD

By: girl
#7by:    

While rushing, the two houses that NOBODY wanted to go to were SDT and DG. Rumor has it there were four rounds for Prefs just for DG because they invited everyone back because so many people cut them.

By: PNM357
by: rushing   

i recall rush and the house that most girls i talked to were least looking forward to was agd, then dg.

By: rushing
by: Truth    

Well DG has a national policy that they have to invite back 75% of their last round. You can't really judge them based on that.

By: Truth
#8by:    

I think agd is in the same tier as dz and gamma phi. Their pledge class is hot, and better looking than dg by far. I have met agds this year, and they are all good looking nice girls. There are some questionable ones, but that is with every sorority. agd is definitely moving on up. pi phi may be moving down cause they party too hard too often. They aren't even fun to be around anymore.

By: honest
by: UGAGreek   

This was obviously written by an AGD who wanted Pi Phi... Of those, Pi Phi and DZ are highest, then Gamma Phi, AGD and DG. It's hard to place SDT because they are just different.

By: UGAGreek
by: ^   

I'd put Gamma Phi ahead of or at least equal to Pi Phi and definitely ahead of DZ, AGD, and SDT.

By: ^
#9by:    

no one puts KD at the top. Must be a post by a KD. More like lower middle. Waaaaay to much bleach and tanning for most.

By: Honestly..
#10by:    

The talk about trust babies is hilarious. People who really have trusts from parents or grandparents don't talk about; its not classy to do so. Lots of girls in every group come from families with means; why does it matter? How does that make a sorority stronger? I'm an alum of a sorority but my daughter pledged a different sorority. She just liked the personalities and sisterhood of the one she chose. She has an inheritance coming to her, but as her mother I hope I raised her to be thankful for it yet not use it to elevate herself among people. Its wrong and doesn't get you anywhere in life, really.

By: Wiserthanyou
by: ???   

Mom, get off greek rank. It is for college aged people, not bored housewives in their 40s or 50s. You have nothing relevant to say about the ranking of college sororities in the 21st century.

By: ???
by: WTF   

Why are you on this website? What is wrong with you that you are so old and on here??? You need a life.

By: WTF
by: wiserthanyou   

I'm on here because I'm wiserthanyou, ha! Truthfully, I'm on here because my daughter gets a laugh out of reading this stuff and shows it to me. The things you people write really IS laughable and makes me wonder how you got accepted to UGA. I don't mean to insult you, but read all of this again when you're 28 or 30 or whenever you do have 5 years of real life behind you. Then you will find this stuff funny, entertaining to some extent, and definitely not relevant to your current life.

By: wiserthanyou

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.