facebook

spring or fall?

by:    

I’m a freshman and I’ve been invited to DPhiE’s spring events and my friend in AGD said I’ll be getting an invitation to their events in the next few weeks. There’s also probably alpha phi as an option whenever they announce their events. I have a few friends in DDD, Theta, and Chi O but they’re not doing spring rush. Am I better off joining in the spring (assuming I’m offered a bid) or should I wait and rush as a sophomore this fall and see what all the houses have to offer. I didn’t rush this past fall, so any “once cut, always cut” policy wouldn’t apply to me, and I’ll have a whole semester to meet more people in sororities, but I’ve heard rushing as a sophomore is really hard.

Posted By: Advice?
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I’d go to the events you’ve been invited to before you decide. Who knows, maybe you’ll feel like one of those houses is a really good fit, but if you don’t end up liking them, you don’t have to accept a bid. I mean it’s just AGD, DPhiE and APhi - if you don’t end up liking them in the spring, you won’t be missing out on anything next fall if they cut you, and it sounds like you know people in other houses which is the key to having a successful recruitment as a sophomore.

By: Yo
#2by:    

I would really give the spring sororities a chance before you just blow it off. You get invited to spring events because a sorority really wants you and is willing to spend the time on you. Plus the pledge classes will be much smaller which will help you make friends much easier. Yes you can rush as a sophomore but keep in mind you'll be with about a thousand other PNMs and have the risk of getting cut much easier.

By: Don't wait!
#3by:    

Definitely rush as a sophomore. You’ll get to see all of the houses and be looked at more because of your age. I think you’d be happier knowing you went through.

By: Bb

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: ??   

What do you mean by "looked at more because of your age?" Do sororities prefer sophomores because they are more established students?

By: ??

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.