facebook

oos with greek connections

by:    

Hi! I will be attending UGA next fall and am from OOS. However, my entire family is from Georgia, with most members attending UGA. My mother, grandmother, and Aunt were all part of the same sorority and I would love to continue the family tradition. My other three Aunts were if different sororities, but I know that does not give me any type of legacy status. I am curious of my chances with their sorority, considering it is upper mid tier. I attended a private boarding school where I live and by most standards come from a pretty well-off family. I am not trying to be boastful, but am nervous with living out of state and getting a bid from this house.

Posted By: UGA legacy
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

It's great that you're so interested in this sorority, but please be open minded during rush. You might fall in love with a different sorority, or you might get cut from the one you're a legacy at. After all, sororities change over time so your mom/aunt/grandmother's sorority may or may not be the best fit for you.

That said, your legacy status will increase your odds, but it's far from a guarantee. There are TONS of legacies that go through rush, to the point where many sororities could fill up multiple pledge classes with just their legacy PNMs. All you can really do is make sure your social media looks good ("good" meaning whatever you want sororities to see when they look you up) and do your best during rush.

By: rush

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

I agree that sororities change over time^^ and you might not be a good fit for the house you’re a legacy for. While I wasn’t an in house legacy like you are, my mom was in a sorority at another SEC school and they cut me during rush so I would definitely keep an open mind!! And I’m not sure aunts in a sorority count as legacy status, in my sorority they don’t anyway. But it would still be very beneficial to have recommendation letters from your aunts for the chapters here! Best of luck PNM! Welcome to UGA ❤️❤️

By: Legacy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.