facebook

spring rush

by:    

So I know things are starting to come out about spring rush delta gamma and dphie are all I've heard about so far does anyone know what other sororities are doing it?

Posted By: dawgs
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Alpha phi will be doing it too they just haven't said anyrghbg about it yet.

By: Yeah
#2by:    

Alpha Gam and Gamma Phi should be sending out their information over break

By: Hi
by: Em   

My friend in Pi Phi was saying they're taking a few people this spring. I've also heard rumors about AXO, but not 100% sure if that's true.

By: Em
#3by:    

How do chapters who are just giving a few COBs in the spring usually go about it? Any ideas on when a PNM would be invited or notified?

By: Also...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Hi   

The same way DG does it (and presumably the way DPhiE is doing it this year). They send invites to girls they're interested in between now and early January, then hold a couple informal events for the PNMs to meet girls in the chapter. Then they notify girls if they got a bid or not.

Typically the more PNMs at the events, the lower the odds of getting a bid but the more girls the sorority is taking. For example, if DPhiE wants to give out 30 bids, they might invite 60 PNMs to events so they have more room to be selective. If AXO wants to give out 5 bids, they might only invite 5 PNMs who they already know really well because their events are just a technicality (this is just a made up example idk which all sororities are taking a lot or just a few PNMs)

by: Hi   

But the point is the general format is exactly the same for every chapter who does spring recruitment. The only exception would be if alpha phi holds open events that don't require an invite.

by: Yep   

Hi is exactly right. Either you get an invite to spring events for a sorority or you don't. And chances are, you'll never even hear about half the houses that give out bids in the spring because it it's really small for a lot of houses. PNMs reallyyyyy overhype spring recruitment here for some reason. If you don't have friends in a chapter that does spring cob, your best bet is to do formal recruitment as an upperclassman.

By: Yep

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.