facebook

questions about legacies

by:    

I'm going to be coming to UGA next fall and I'm a legacy to Chi O and DZ. I think it would be cool to join one of the houses where I'm a legacy, but I'm not sure exactly how to handle the issue during recruitment. Obviously I know not to talk about it at other houses to keep my options open, but what about when I go to Chi O and DZ? Will I be expected to mention that I'm a legacy there or will they already know? My sister was a Chi O at another school and my mom was a DZ at UGA so will DZ give me more consideration than Chi O? Will the other sororities know that I'm a legacy and cut me automatically? Do Chi O and DZ take most of their legacies or do a lot still get cut? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure rush goes well if possible and that I get a bid somewhere!!

Posted By: Legacy
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

They definitely know. And it doesn't guarantee you a bid but you will be given a closer look than other pnms. Chi o is known for taking legacies

By: ---
#2by:    

Chi O and DZ will both know that you're a legacy. Other houses will know based on if you put legacy info on the form when you sign up for recruitment or if they find information about your mom or sister when they're researching(stalking) PNMs over the summer. I highly recommend NOT putting legacy information on the recruitment sign up form and just having your mom and sister contact their sororities directly so that hopefully not every other chapter will know that your a legacy to other sororities.

By: Hmm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Hmm   

Also in-house legacies (where the family member also went to UGA) usually get more consideration, but DZ doesn't take a lot of legacies, and Chi O does take a lot (but they also have more legacies). Also Chi O is an overall more exclusive sorority than DZ here. You probably have a decent chance at either house, but it's not guaranteed by any means.

By: Hmm
#3by:    

Get your recs! Don't let anyone tell you they don't matter, even for your legacy houses. They do, so get em.

By: And
by: OP   

My mom and sister can write the recs for Chi O and DZ right? Like I don't have to also get a non-family member to right one as well for those two right?

By: OP
by: Yes   

They should be able too, just have them check the individual rules from Chi O and DZ, but most chapters will allow that. They should be able to access all that information easily as alumni

By: Yes
by: ^   

Alumnae, not alumni.

By: ^
by: grammar nazi   

They = alumni
She = alumnae

By: grammar nazi
by: @grammar nazi   

pretty sure it's they (feminine) = alumnae, she (singular) = alumna
If it's a mixed group or only men it's alumni.

By: @grammar nazi
#4by:    

Uh shouldn't you know all this if you're a legacy?

By: Um

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.