facebook

spring rush?

by:    

When do y'all think that chapters like dphie and alpha phi will give information about their spring recruitment? Also when do y'all think it will actually take place?

Posted By: Spring rush?
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

talk to Panhellenicl. or better yet, make a friend with the girls in one of those chapters. and honey, any chapter below total can COB, not just the two you listed.

By: stratstar

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Hmm   

Yeah other chapters will do spring recruitment but on a much smaller scale. DPhiE and Alpha Phi are the only ones who will publicly announce it and hold open events. For a lot of PNMs who haven't been able to connect with sorority girls, these two chapters may be their only real chances in the spring.

By: Hmm
by: OP   

Hey OP here, I know other chapters can COB but I'm a transfer student so I haven't really been able to make connections while I go to a different college. I was listing those two specifically because they are the only ones who will hold open events. I was just trying to get a feel for when it might be happening.

By: OP
#2by:    

Most chapters have their spring events in mid-January! I'm not exactly sure when DPhiE and Alpha Phi will announce their events, but probably by the second week of school next semester at the latest.

By: Early
by: ah no   

no "events" required or needed. A chapter below total can extend a bid to an unaffiliated student at any time after the conclusion of formal (primary) recruitment on a 1:1 basis. No parties or rounds.

By: ah no
by: Okay..    

Yes you're right but given that OP is a transfer student who has obviously not went through formal recruitment at UGA she will most likely not be given a bid in that manner.

By: Okay..
by: nope   

"okay" you are wrong. All she has to do is get to know sorority women in clubs, classes, at philanthropy events, etc. COBs are not "events" like formal recruitment.

By: nope
by: spring rush sorority   

Alright so my sorority does spring rush and this is how we do it...

Yes, we hold recruitment events. We're not just gonna give a bid to someone's friend because COB says we can.

The chapter has to vote on any bid that is being given out to PNMs. We vote on all PNMs who have come to at least one recruitment event.

If there's a girl we know from classes, clubs, etc. that we might want to join, we invite her to recruitment events. We don't just give bids to someone who the chapter hasn't met.

If for some reason the PNM is interested but can't make it to any events, some of our recruitment higher-ups will meet with the PNM for a coffee date or something. We vote on the PNM just like all the other PNMs- people who have met her give their thoughts, and then we vote as a chapter.

Most invite-only events aren't meant to be super exclusive. They're just a way for us to get a higher quality of PNMs to choose from because every PNM there has at least one active who can vouch for her and can see her as a good fit.

I can't speak for everyone, but most of the lower-ranked sororities that spring rush do something like this.

By: spring rush sorority
by: Oh okay.    

What chapter are you in if you don't mind me asking?

By: Oh okay.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.