facebook

what is sorority rush like as an out of state pnm?

by: out of state

So I am a high school junior looking at colleges and I really love UGA after visiting a couple of weeks ago. I was just wondering what rush would look like for me, an out of state applicant? And what should I do to be a more favorable pnm? I am from another SEC town with a school that has a high greek life percentage, and I am a legacy for DZ and ZTA. Also, I have a high GPA and do lots of volunteer work for the literary council in my town

Posted By: out of state
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: bump   

bump

By: bump
#2  by: :)   

I think you’ll be fine! Just get recs for all sororities. I personally don’t think out of state girls are at a disadvantage, there’s out of state girls in each sorority and some actually like taking more out of state girls. If you can, come up for some spring parties if you know someone already here and just stay with them and try to meet girls in sororities. If not, no worries. TBH i didn’t get recs for each sorority & i didn’t even come up for spring parties & I ended up in an ~upper mid~ house but tiers don’t matter you’ll have fun and make amazing friends no matter what.
Keep an open mind! Good luck :)

By: :)
by: EmDec 13, 2017 4:49:33 PM

All PNM: Definitely get recs!!! Sure some people get a bid without them, but most houses make their initial cuts based on no recs, low grades, or blacklisted PNMs. Sororities will be looking for recs for as many PNMs as possible, but they just can't find recs for everyone- ESPECIALLY oos PNMs. It's ultimately your responsibility to get recs and not getting them is a sure way to limit your options significantly! Also most sororities cannot offer a bid to someone they don't have a rec for, so even if they love you, if they can't find someone to write you a rec, they have no choice but to cut you.

By: Em

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.